Contribute
Register

No mouse or keyboard on clover instal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions, going to try both these out tonight, fingers crossed

Others have reports using an add-in USB card or external USB hub might work.

I must admit, I couldn't see how this would make a difference and didn't try straight away, but, I plugged in my USB hub and bingo!!!

Thanks for for this suggestion, I shall listen more carefully in future

I have the same issue, and I resolved it by put the my DSDT.aml file into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

I've updated to Clover 3280 and the problem with USB ports are fixed!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I have clover 3280 too, but my USB ports doesn't work. I have to edit DSDT with Reman USB guide fix.
But works only USB 2.0, not USB 3.

I had the same problem and here is how I managed to solve it:

The plist edits didn't work for me, so what I did is to continue with the installation (mouse does work) and when you are asked to set username and password (which, unless you have a keyboard, you won't be able to continue) I simply plugged my keyboard into a different USB port and that worked! =)

I hope this helps.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 (F3 BIOS)
CPU: i7 920
Keyboard: Logitech G11

I have clover 3280 too, but my USB ports doesn't work. I have to edit DSDT with Reman USB guide fix.
But works only USB 2.0, not USB 3.

Hi lollo78, did you disable the USB3 controller in BIOS to get the clover menu, because I did it, otherwise I got "boot1: boot 5" as an eternal message, and if so did you successfully enable that controller after the installation? how do you manage to get it working?

Thanks,

For more information about my problem, please see my post http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/190900-p55a-ud3-enabling-usb3-controller-bios.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back