1. iOS
This 10.8.2 update has me beaten.

I've tried several things...
Used Combo update
then use AppleACPIPlatform from my 10.8.1 backup
deleted OEMSMBios.kext
used ATI6000kext from 10.8.1
used IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.8.1
- I can get to the desktop, but mouse shows a frozen rainbow wheel and keyboard not responsive. I can move mouse but can't click on anything.

used IOGraphicsFamily from 10.8.1
- this fixed the frozen rainbow wheel on the mouse... now I get a normal mouse pointer, I can still move the mouse, but no clicks registering, no keyboard too.

So my problem after the 10.8.2 update is Mouse and Keyboard not responding. I tried plugging them to different USB port but problem still the same.

Specs: Z68X-UD4-B3, 6870 ZDFC XFX

I'm out of ideas... anyone has a similar problem with mouse/keyboard? Thanks!

Thanks for the post.

Yeah, I've already tried that. Downloaded and installed the latest F8 DSDT for my mobo. Didn't work. Same problem in 10.8.2.
So I went back to 10.8.1 and noticed that with the latest F8 DSDT, it introduced a new problem... causing a frozen display after computer has been asleep for a long time, or garbage characters/graphics when you wake computer... requiring total reboot of computer.

So I reverted back to using my original DSDT where this weird graphics/wake issue doesn't happen.

FWIW, the DSDT I'm using is 18,654 bytes vs. 18,694 bytes for the "latest F8 DSDT."

hi,
Sorry, my english is very bad.
I had the same problem that you. I used multibeast and DSDT and now I can use my Hackintosh.
I hope somebody can help you.

Thanks for the post.

Yeah, I've already tried that. Downloaded and installed the latest F8 DSDT for my mobo. Didn't work. Same problem in 10.8.2.
So I went back to 10.8.1 and noticed that with the latest F8 DSDT, it introduced a new problem... causing a frozen display after computer has been asleep for a long time, or garbage characters/graphics when you wake computer... requiring total reboot of computer.

So I reverted back to using my original DSDT where this weird graphics/wake issue doesn't happen.

FWIW, the DSDT I'm using is 18,654 bytes vs. 18,694 bytes for the "latest F8 DSDT."

You could also try updating your BIOS to the latest F10 version and using the F10 DSDT available in the DSDT Database.

Dil83

Yeah, I think so. I'm very tempted to do this... update to F10... but can't risk losing my system right now (using it for work).
When my 2nd build is done and I have another backup system, I'll try that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back