Contribute
Register

No Mouse, Keyboard, Wi-Fi or ethernet, but El Capitan installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4
CPU
Intel 3.2gh i7
Graphics
UHD 630
Please remember I'm a total newbie at this and this is my first ever attempt at Hackintoshing.

I can't find the right Laptop to buy for myself, so decided to Hackintosh the new machine I purchased for my wife at Xmas. It's a popular machine in the UK, so if I can get most of the hardware working, I'm sure lots of folk will benefit.

This is the machine here , I've also added hardware info to my signature (please let me know if I need to add more details).

I followed the skylake starter guide and completed the 2. IOAPIC Fix and 3. SMBIOS fixes and to my astonishment, the installer booted (it failed without these fixes).

I was installing to a brand new USB 2TB hard drive.

I had no mouse, or keyboard but USB ones worked, so I carried on, trying to use ethernet crashed the machine, so I carried on without an Internet connection and incredibly, I have El Capitan up and running.

Can anyone now advise on how to get the keyboard (standard ps/2 according to msinfo32.exe), synaptic smbus touchpad and wireless (intel dualband wireless-ac 3165) working ?

I realise the wireless is probably impossible, if so what is the best usb one to purchase ?

Thank

Please remember I'm a total newbie at this and this is my first ever attempt at Hackintoshing.

I can't find the right Laptop to buy for myself, so decided to Hackintosh the new machine I purchased for my wife at Xmas. It's a popular machine in the UK, so if I can get most of the hardware working, I'm sure lots of folk will benefit.

This is the machine here , I've also added hardware info to my signature (please let me know if I need to add more details).

I followed the skylake starter guide and completed the 2. IOAPIC Fix and 3. SMBIOS fixes and to my astonishment, the installer booted (it failed without these fixes).

I was installing to a brand new USB 2TB hard drive.

I had no mouse, or keyboard but USB ones worked, so I carried on, trying to use ethernet crashed the machine, so I carried on without an Internet connection and incredibly, I have El Capitan up and running.

Can anyone now advise on how to get the keyboard (standard ps/2 according to msinfo32.exe), synaptic smbus touchpad and wireless (intel dualband wireless-ac 3165) working ?

I realise the wireless is probably impossible, if so what is the best usb one to purchase ?

Thank

Read about Skylake: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

And laptop FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, a lot of reading ahead, I've just skimmed it at the moment, but now got the mouse and keyboard working, for anyone trying to install El Capitan on the same machine here's how I did it :-

I'm using a Windows 10 machine to carry out all of the modifications to the 32GB usb stick I'm running the installer from (it's E: Drive).

Open "E:\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other" in file explorer, then using your browser, follow this link and save it to a folder of your choice (I use a folder on google drive, then I can access it from any machine), uncompress the zip file, you'll find a "Release" folder in there, copy it's contents ( a folder named "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" and a file named "VoodooPS2Daemon").

Copy this folder and file to "E:\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other".

Eject the USB stick, then into the machine you're installing OSX on, mouse and keyboard should work.

Now for wireless and sound, if I can get these two working, I'll be delighted.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, a lot of reading ahead, I've just skimmed it at the moment, but now got the mouse and keyboard working, for anyone trying to install El Capitan on the same machine here's how I did it :-

I'm using a Windows 10 machine to carry out all of the modifications to the 32GB usb stick I'm running the installer from (it's E: Drive).

Open "E:\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other" in file explorer, then using your browser, follow this link and save it to a folder of your choice (I use a folder on google drive, then I can access it from any machine), uncompress the zip file, you'll find a "Release" folder in there, copy it's contents ( a folder named "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" and a file named "VoodooPS2Daemon").

Copy this folder and file to "E:\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other".

Eject the USB stick, then into the machine you're installing OSX on, mouse and keyboard should work.

Now for wireless and sound, if I can get these two working, I'll be delighted.

Please note that VoodooPS2Daemon is not a kext and should not be placed in Clover/kexts.

Apologies for supplying the wrong info (I've only been at this for a day or so), what should I do with "VoodooPS2Daemon" ?.

The internal wireless card will never work (intel based), I'll investigate replacing the on-board card at a later stage for now I purchased this wi-fi usb stick a Netgear N300.

I found this tutorial on youtube then downloaded this file transferred it to the mac via a usb drive and installed it, plugged in the wi-fi, rebooted and I had a working internet connection (I didn't use the kext mentioned).

Now for sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back