Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!

I had a pretty stable install of snow leopard 10.6.2 for a couple of months. Yesterday I installed xcode and iphone SDK and everything went fine. This morning I booted my computer and I had no sound (nothing in system preferences > sound). My laptop is a asus m50vm-a1, I installed osx using . I used multibeast to install AsereBLN's Chameleon RC4 and NV enabler.

As far as I can remember I never installed any kext for sound. I tried uninstalling xcode and the sound problem persist. I also tried installing voodooHDA, nothing.

If anyone has an idea I'm willing to do some testing!

thank you

Jonathan

If I have voodooHDA should i remove AppleHDA.kext from s/l/e?

count said:

Well, it's optional- should work without having to remove any vanilla kexts, but I've heard that actually removing AppleHDA will help VoodooHDA. I use the LegacyHDA + DSDT solution myself, so I can't comment, but my understanding is that VoodooHDA is actually an AppleHDA replacement, and has all of the drivers there already. Good luck!

Thanks! I've been quite busy this week and haven't got the time to test it...

*sigh* another bad news is that I booted up my computer this morning and now my wifi and bluetooth are dead >_<. It always worked (my wireless card is a mac one)... smells like reinstall :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back