Graphics
Gt-710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I successfully created a unibeast installer on a usb stick and rebooted my hackintosh to install HS. However at step 4 in the guide to install HS on any intel pc(Clover boot screen), I am stopped and cannot proceed to start the HS install process because my keyboard and mouse are not being recognized.

Based on a suggestion from one of the admins(thanks trs96), I copied the usb injectall.kext file into the 'other' folder within the 'install macos high sierra'.app and rebooted with no change in the availability of the keyboard and mouse at the clover boot screen

Any and all suggestions are appreciated as I am so close to finally upgrading to HS from SL that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just ready to get there and complete this journey successfully.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Quote Reply

Edit

Hi,

I successfully created a unibeast installer on a usb stick and rebooted my hackintosh to install HS. However at step 4 in the guide to install HS on any intel pc(Clover boot screen), I am stopped and cannot proceed to start the HS install process because my keyboard and mouse are not being recognized.

Based on a suggestion from one of the admins(thanks trs96), I copied the usb injectall.kext file into the 'other' folder within the 'install macos high sierra'.app and rebooted with no change in the availability of the keyboard and mouse at the clover boot screen

Any and all suggestions are appreciated as I am so close to finally upgrading to HS from SL that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just ready to get there and complete this journey successfully.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Quote Reply

Edit

There is usually a USB port that is "live" during boot to enable access to the BIOS. This is often available without any configuration when other ports are not. Sometimes there are two. Very often the closest to either the top of the motherboard backplate or next to any PS/2 port - if your motherboard has one.

Hi,

Thanks for the info! That did it!! I am now running HS on my Dell optiplex 780 and am now configuring multibeast.

I have a few questions regarding the audio, disk, misc, network, and usb options. Right now I want to concentrate on the audio and disk options.

Since I have no idea what to select for my dell optiplex 780, where do i start?

Thanks,

One more issue that just developed: after making some educated guesses for the audio and disk options, I set the system drive as the new boot drive and removed the usb drive.

Now the system does the following in a loop:
1) Welcome to clover 4630
2) Clover boot screen displays and says 'boot from hackintosh'(my disk name)
3) The apple logo is displayed and the progress bar runs across the screen.
4) Before the progress bar completes, the system loops back to a blank screen then the line boot0: done6 is
displayed before looping back to line #1 above.

Why is this happening and what can I investigate so I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Also, I am trying to add a 2nd hd in the dell optiplex 780 with no luck. I have made the neccessary connections but the mac os is not seeing the 2nd drive so I can format it for use.

The drive is brand new so what can be the issue?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back