Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 630
Hey guys, im a newb, so please forgive any ignorance on my beghalf. Ive been running a hackintosh for close on 4 yrs somewhat seamlessly.
I have recently moved, and had some help configuring my internet, which has been working fine, but all of a sardine, my ethernet is connected, but Im unable to get online. I have tried removing the network and adding again, restarting, cable is fine, etc etc, all the simple stuff to try, but still no banana. Please can someone assist...

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.
I have read the rules, thank you. Im hoping someone can guide me as to how to check these specs. Thank you for you kind yet not so helpful response

If you want help you should complete your profile information.

The BIOS settings screen may help you to locate the missing information.

If you have a Windows installation then that may help too.

Did you see the part where i admit to being a dweeb and a newb?
Are you gonna bust my balls mr moderator or can you actually assist?

Have patience, I'm sure that someone much more helpful will be along shortly.

Hi there.

First up - if your Ethernet was working before, and all you have done is move location, it seems unlikely the problem is your PC. Does that sound logical? Maybe your Internet Provider's log-in details are the issue?

Has anything else changed?

As for the hardware Profile we require, the motherboard make and model is quite relevant to the problem so we can check what LAN chip it uses and offer suggestions.

If you don't know what the motherboard is, can I ask how you built the PC?

EDIT: Thanks for updating your Profile.

Last edited:
Hi there.

First up - if your Ethernet was working before, and all you have done is move location, it seems unlikely the problem is your PC. Does that sound logical? Maybe your Internet Provider's log-in details are the issue?

Has anything else changed?

As for the hardware Profile we require, the motherboard make and model is quite relevant to the problem so we can check what LAN chip it uses and offer suggestions.

If you don't know what the motherboard is, can I ask how you built the PC?
I understand this info is required to assist, but this in itself is something I need assistance with as to where to find the info. Tech is not my thing. Sorry if that offends any buffs, and makes me lowly. I had assistance in building the machine. I have tried to fill in the info since the previous message, hoping its now correct for the police (if not, please help).
Sorry man, i just dont appreciate the manner in which the previous moderator handled the situation.

To be more precise, I moved 3 months ago and got the ethernet up and running (again with some help).
Its been working fine, but all of a sudden, not. Nothing has changed that Im aware of. Im connecting via an extender that it connecting wirelessly to a router positioned in the main house (I stay in a cottage)

1 - do you have other devices connected to your internet with LAN or wifi that are working right now?
2 - Is the internet connected to your pc (Hackintosh) with a lan cable or is it with wifi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back