Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3350
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Currently, I have OS X 10.10 installed but I want a fresh start and to update to 10.11. Whenever I boot to the installer for 10.11 via Unibeast, there are no HDDs available in Disk Utility. I tried plugging in an external hard drive and that seemed to work, but none of my HDDs show up.

Also, I don't actually have an AHCI mode, but I had RAID which works just fine for Yosemite. The other option is ATA.

I'm using a Dell StudioXPS 8100.
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Lastly I'm using Legacy Boot Mode on my Unibeast build, if that's important.

And while I'm here, one more question. Is there a way to use bootflags inside of Clover? I've always used Chimera before so everything's new.

I don't think El Capitan works with motherboard RAID, which might explain why no disks are present.

You can try switching to ATA and see if you see disks in the installer -- though only if you're willing to risk the data on your RAID drive.

For using boot flags in Clover, see the big list of solutions.

I don't think El Capitan works with motherboard RAID, which might explain why no disks are present.

You can try switching to ATA and see if you see disks in the installer -- though only if you're willing to risk the data on your RAID drive.

For using boot flags in Clover, see the big list of solutions.
Well shoot. It doesn't show anything in ATA mode either. Does this mean I'm stuck with Yosemite?

You can also check whether there are different SATA ports available on your motherboard -- some machines have two SATA controllers and one of them works and the other doesn't.

If nothing works to recognize the internal drives, you can try installing to an external USB drive, just to see if you can get El Capitan running on your machine. You might also be able to use e.g. a supported PCI SATA controller card or a PCIe SSD card.

Well shoot. It doesn't show anything in ATA mode either. Does this mean I'm stuck with Yosemite?

If you have switched from raid back to individual drives, you will probably need to reinitialise each drive to remove any raid signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back