Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two SSDTS i found, I assume that you manually changed RP05 to sth else - RP09 maybe?And: you mention "a few" clover patches. I only found 1 (Remove _RMV...). Are there any others?

Thanks!!

The two SSDTS i found, I assume that you manually changed RP05 to sth else - RP09 maybe?And: you mention "a few" clover patches. I only found 1 (Remove _RMV...). Are there any others?

Thanks!!

here's the link to the guide:

and I attached the config Plist for your reference

Attachments

• config (1).plist
    649 bytes · Views: 82

Thanks!!
I spoke too soon, I tried hotpluging an HDMI connection to a monitor via a usbc dongle but it caused a KP. Didnt freeze but just restarted. I think you are right about this being caused by the framebuffer only supporting one connection. Actually this may also be the reason why my EGPU wont kick in.

Ok - not good news for you, but somehow for me because this was driving me nuts. sorry, bad humor ;)

Nevertheless, i think i am on to something...I am currently trying to patch the existing framebuffer to have more than one port/pipe. Good news - already got the left port hotpluggable without a kp. Unfortunately thats the one without thunderbolt.

Ill report back when i know more.

Ps: It probably didnt freeze and restarted because you dont have the debug-bootargs

Got it!
I used the Framebuffer with working sleep and added the other connectors back as Type DP.
Interestingly sleep works now, as well as Hotplugging the left and right usb-c port - although I have 3 frame buffers again in IOReg.
So the sleep problem must have had something to to with unspecified Framebuffer flags, not directly sth. with the connectors.

Try it - I am curious if it works for you and if your egpu works as well :)

cheers

Attachments

• config - Patched_Framebuffer_elmacci.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 110
So, to conclude:
I am finally having a EFI Setup I am perfectly content with - everything I need works. I also played around with TB3 a little bit and included a Patch/SSDT that enables usb-functionality after unplugging and replugging usb-c-peripherals without reboot. Without this SSDT, I could unplug a - say - Mouse and replug it on the left side and it would work. But on the right side port the mouse would not work again after replugging. This SSDT fixes that.

I attached my full EFI Folder in case you, @NONITS, or somebody else needs it.
And to have some kind of "internet"-backup in case i loose it ;)

cheers

PS: v22 in the filename indeed means that i needed 22 Versions to get there :)

Attachments

• elMacci - RBS2019 - v22.zip
    25.9 MB · Views: 170
So, to conclude:
I am finally having a EFI Setup I am perfectly content with - everything I need works. I also played around with TB3 a little bit and included a Patch/SSDT that enables usb-functionality after unplugging and replugging usb-c-peripherals without reboot. Without this SSDT, I could unplug a - say - Mouse and replug it on the left side and it would work. But on the right side port the mouse would not work again after replugging. This SSDT fixes that.

cheers

try removing debug=0x100 boot argument, you may find you have a faster bootup time

try removing debug=0x100 boot argument, you may find you have a faster bootup time
thx for the hint - i still had it enabled to debug the kernel panics :)

So, to conclude:

cheers

v22 - I admire your tenacity :)

I tried your framebuffer patches and can confirm that hot plugging my dongle (HDMI - USB C) does not cause KP however the secondary display connected does not work on both the left and right port - not sure if it was supposed to.

TB3 does not work either when testing with the eGPU.

An unrelated question about your setup though: does your palm rejection work? Im running VoodooI2C and I found that if I enable "tap to click" my palm clicks me to some random areas on the screen while I'm typing. This does not bother me too much since disabling tap to click gets rid of the issue, it would be nice to have the functionality though.

Regarding the Display - I kind of expected that. To get sleep working I chose a framebuffer with only one connector. That means, even when enabling the other ports to get usb-c hotplug working without the kernel panics via framebuffer patching, somehow the system has only this one single connector available, aka the internal display. I also tried the other way round, meaning: Using a platform-id with all the 3 connectors were Display Out worked (and sleep/wake didnt) and trying to disable the other ports to get sleep working. But that unfortunately did not solve the sleep issue, even when there was only one framebuffer@0 visible via ioreg. So the sleep issue had to have sth to do with another setting within the framebuffer. and I dont know which one so i gave up (v22 if you know what i mean ;) ) .

Tbh, I can live with the missing external display functionality. But if you have some time around christmas you could try chosing a platform-ig were the external display is working and then trial & error your way through framebuffer patching via hackintool. I know I probably will ;)

Regarding the palm rejection: Just tried it, and tbh I dont see any difference to the behaviour under windows or on my macbook pro 2012. If I recall correctly, I saw the VoodooPS2Controller in your kext-folder - this one might interfere with the voodooI2c kext. Maybe try and get rid of that one - why did you use it in the first place?

Bugger that Tb3 does not work...even when you boot with the egpu connected on the right side port?
As mentioned above, you could try to set a different kind of type/index/port on framebuffer-con1, but I reckon it is more likely that a different combination of another platform-ig and corresponding framebuffer patches is needed.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back