Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @NONITS
Nevermind - I just tried it with your EFI Folder, and yours does not get the kernel panic.
I narrowed it down to the dsdt, there is some patch you are using / not using that i do/don't.

Would you be so kind as to list all DSDT patches you used? Like:
- Razer Blade 2014 Battery patch
- IRQ Fix
- RTC Fix

etc.?!

That would be nice - Thanks!

The restart Issue is the only one remaining - and that i want to use aptiomemoryfix for native nvram support. I dont like RC scripts as they are not vanilla ;)

TB3 is not needed for me - i am perfectly fine with USB 3.1 and USB-C ports (3.1, not thunderbolt - at least i didnt test it) working (hotplug).

If I can sort this shutdown thing out, next thing i'll do is install a 2TB NVME SSD and install macOS and Windows 10 as a dualboot setup. Windows for light gaming and macos for working. Perfect Hackintosh ;)

cheers

Hi @NONITS
Nevermind - I just tried it with your EFI Folder, and yours does not get the kernel panic.
I narrowed it down to the dsdt, there is some patch you are using / not using that i do/don't.

- IRQ Fix
- RTC Fix

etc.?!

The restart Issue is the only one remaining - and that i want to use aptiomemoryfix for native nvram support. I dont like RC scripts as they are not vanilla ;)

TB3 is not needed for me - i am perfectly fine with USB 3.1 and USB-C ports (3.1, not thunderbolt - at least i didnt test it) working (hotplug).

If I can sort this shutdown thing out, next thing i'll do is install a 2TB NVME SSD and install macOS and Windows 10 as a dualboot setup. Windows for light gaming and macos for working. Perfect Hackintosh ;)

cheers
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Do you guys have the 4K touchscreen version of the RBS? It's giving me real trouble trying to get a proper configuration going.

Hi @NONITS

- IRQ Fix
- RTC Fix

etc.?!

TB3 is not needed for me - i am perfecty fine with USB 3.1 and USB-C ports (3.1, not thunderbolt - at least i didnt test it) working (hotplug).stone

cheers

I applied all the basic patches in Rehabman's guide for patching laptop dsdts and ssdts + all the patches in Stonevil's guide for the Razer Blade 15 advanced: https://github.com/stonevil/Razer_Blade_Advanced_early_2019_Hackintosh
hope that helps :)

@NONITS - Thanks - pretty much everything i did as well. Gotta investigate. But thats the fun :)
cheers

Well, i discovered a caveat - when using the framebuffer that lets the blade sleep, as soon as i hotplug a thunderbolt/usb-c dock or display the system freezes. USB-C External drives and sticks work fine. I tested going back to the old framebuffer and hotplug is possible without a freeze.
So it definetely has something to do with the framebuffer. Maybe some combination of the old one with reduced connectors via hackintool might work.

@NONITS Could you please verify? Thx.

Well, i discovered a caveat - when using the framebuffer that lets the blade sleep, as soon as i hotplug a thunderbolt/usb-c dock or display the system freezes. USB-C External drives and sticks work fine. I tested going back to the old framebuffer and hotplug is possible without a freeze.
So it definetely has something to do with the framebuffer. Maybe some combination of the old one with reduced connectors via hackintool might work.

@NONITS Could you please verify? Thx.

I have no issues with my type c connectors but I have been using a clover patch and custom SSDTs that allow me to use USB C without issues. This is related to me trying to get TB3 to work. Before I started working n getting TB3 to work TB3 port (right USB C) would make the laptop reboot on a hotplug of any USB-c device.

Hm, okay - strange. Thx for your feedback.
USB-C works for me, the only thing that leads to a freeze is when i plug in something that is "display-signal"-capable if you know what i mean. So for example if i plug in a usb-c cable of my monitor or of my thunderbolt 3 dock. USB-C SSd's or an USB-C Stick works fine (although not being Thunderbolt).
When i choose the "old" framebuffer, i can hotplug etc. without a freeze - but of course then sleep is broken.

Could you please elaborate what exactly you did when you say clover patch / custom ssdts? I saw the other thread about tb3 and egpu and tried the "Remove _RMV"-Clover Patch alongside the 2 SSDTs from that thread. No success unfortunately.

Wondering what you are doing different from me, any hint is welcome.

Thanks!

cheers

EDIT: Btw, just tested it: When I send the Blade to sleep and plug in the display usb-c cable while it sleeps, it wakes up with no problem. No freeze at all...strange

Last edited:
Theres a guide here about enabling eGPUs on any hackintosh which I followed. That required me to place two SSDTs related to the Type C port and a few find replaces patches for the Config Plist in clover.

I have testing using an eGPU with a 5700XT card inside and connected to an external display via display port. Not sure if that qualifies as a "display capable cable" per your definition. I have a type-C to HDMI adapter at home and I can try connecting to an external monitor to see if I get a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back