Contribute
Register

No IGFX after Mojave update (i6700 / HD530) - any ideas please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
  • Gigabyte GA-H170N (desktop mini ITX).
  • Intel i6700 (HD530 IGFX)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
  • macOS 10.14 Mojave
Everything was fine on my system, two outputs from a GTX760 and one from the on-board graphics, all DVI. Since upgrading to Mojave I seem to have lost the IGFX.

The machine boots and shows Clover fine on the display connected to the on-board (IGFX) DVI output. Even the boot process shows the Apple logo and progress indicator from IGFX until two thirds of the way through booting, but then the IGFX signal drops and appears on the GTX760 displays. These go on to work fine from then onwards but nothing appears on the display connected to the IGFX port subsequently.

I've tried using Multibeast 10.2.0 which offers options in Customise > Graphics > Intel HD5xx (and Intel Graphics Fixup) - pretty sure this was all I needed to do to get the HD530 IGFX working for High Sierra. I've tried replacing my original config.plist into clover, where all three displays, including IGFX worked for High Sierra. Still no luck.

Can anyone suggest something for me to try? config.plist attached.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 81
Hi,
  • Gigabyte GA-H170N (desktop mini ITX).
  • Intel i6700 (HD530 IGFX)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
  • macOS 10.14 Mojave
Everything was fine on my system, two outputs from a GTX760 and one from the on-board graphics, all DVI. Since upgrading to Mojave I seem to have lost the IGFX.

The machine boots and shows Clover fine on the display connected to the on-board (IGFX) DVI output. Even the boot process shows the Apple logo and progress indicator from IGFX until two thirds of the way through booting, but then the IGFX signal drops and appears on the GTX760 displays. These go on to work fine from then onwards but nothing appears on the display connected to the IGFX port subsequently.

I've tried using Multibeast 10.2.0 which offers options in Customise > Graphics > Intel HD5xx (and Intel Graphics Fixup) - pretty sure this was all I needed to do to get the HD530 IGFX working for High Sierra. I've tried replacing my original config.plist into clover, where all three displays, including IGFX worked for High Sierra. Still no luck.

Can anyone suggest something for me to try? config.plist attached.

Thanks,

Steve

If I'm understanding my research correctly, you can't use the old method (fixes in Kext to Patch) in Mojave anymore. You have to use the method outlined here and this Framebuffer patch tool is super helpful.

To shorten your learning curve, I added the latest lilu, whatevergreen, and audioALC kexts to L/E, did all the steps outlined in the "preliminary" section of the first post I've linked, and then used the framebuffer patch tool to generate the code required for audio, both monitors, and my graphics card (I've ignored the USB stuff for now). That code gets put into Devices/Properties part of config.

Something must've changed in Mojave though because my dual monitors (hot plugging, specifically) won't work now. I'm still troubleshooting that using the methods described in the first link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back