Contribute
Register

No High Sierra option at clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I have Sierra running pretty much perfectly. I installed High Sierra on another internal SSDrive. I can access the High Sierra drive when I have the USB installer stick installed and select the USB drive from the boot menu, but when I start up the computer normally I only have the Sierra drive showing in clover, no High Sierra drive.
Any ideas? Thanks

I have Sierra running pretty much perfectly. I installed High Sierra on another internal SSDrive. I can access the High Sierra drive when I have the USB installer stick installed and select the USB drive from the boot menu, but when I start up the computer normally I only have the Sierra drive showing in clover, no High Sierra drive.
Any ideas? Thanks
you probably want apfs.efi on your efi partition on your hard drive

compare efi from usb and efi on hard drive, make sure clover is updated on hard drive

I updated clover on both the Sierra drive and the High Sierra drive. Compared efi on USB and High Sierra, only difference is the Apple folder on HS drive and some kexts in the other folder on USB, copied those over, still no High Sierra drive...

compare efi from usb and efi on hard drive, make sure clover is updated on hard drive

Actually, my clover update to the High Sierra drive doesn't seem to be taking. Updated clover on the Sierra drive just fine...
And if I try to install clover from Sierra my High Sierra disk doesn't show up as an install location...

Actually, my clover update to the High Sierra drive doesn't seem to be taking. Updated clover on the Sierra drive just fine...
And if I try to install clover from Sierra my High Sierra disk doesn't show up as an install location...
boot with usb, choose High Sierra, install clover to High Sierra drive, make sure to copy apfs.efi after. make sure in bios to boot from high Sierra hard drive and see what happens

boot with usb, choose High Sierra, install clover to High Sierra drive, make sure to copy apfs.efi after. make sure in bios to boot from high Sierra hard drive and see what happens

Thanks for your help and suggestions. The clover update is not sticking, don't know why. The other tricky thing is in my bios setting there are like, 145 boot options and as both sierra and high sierra disks are the same Samsung model it's near impossible for me to tell which boot option is high sierra.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. The clover update is not sticking, don't know why. The other tricky thing is in my bios setting there are like, 145 boot options and as both sierra and high sierra disks are the same Samsung model it's near impossible for me to tell which boot option is high sierra.
remove sierra disk, only have your high sierra disk in pc

then follow instructions above on installing clover etc

remove sierra disk, only have your high sierra disk in pc

then follow instructions above on installing clover etc

Excellent suggestion. I'll give it a try, hopefully tomorrow, and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back