wdm

Motherboard
Probook 4530s / Probook 4740s
CPU
i5 / i5
Graphics
HD3000 / HD4000
Hi,
I have accuretly followed the probook installer guide but still no display output witch is mandatory for me.
If somebody had the same problem, I would appreciate any advice !
Thanks for your kind help.
WDM

Many Thanks ! But that means that I have to re-install my dual boot full system ? Damned ! :crazy:
I am not a fan of the new apple OS so I would like to know witch is the faster : Yosemite or El capitan ?
No way with ML ? :oops:
Cheers...
WDM

Many Thanks ! But that means that I have to re-install my dual boot full system ? Damned ! :crazy:
I am not a fan of the new apple OS so I would like to know witch is the faster : Yosemite or El capitan ?
No way with ML ? :oops:
Cheers...
WDM

The guide supports all versions of OS X (for your system, 10.7.5->10.11.5).
There is a section on transition from PBI-CE based install.

Please read the guide. Carefully.

The guide supports all versions of OS X (for your system, 10.7.5->10.11.5).
There is a section on transition from PBI-CE based install.

Please read the guide. Carefully.
Hi,
Thanks for this wonderfull guide that should work for me but I spent my week end on trying to install ML with no success.
I did something wrong... I Don't know what...
I created a usb key with Clover and mac OS install partition.
I booted on this USB on my target Probook (4740s)
Created 2 partitions on my SSD using disk utility just before OSX installation- 1 Fat32 (1 go) - 1 Mac os extended +J
Installed ML on the Mac os Ext+J
Installed clover (Clover_v2.3k_r3577 - witch I previously copied to the usb) on the fat32 partition

But the result is that I face a kernel panic with "CPU power management" each time I try to boot from the SSD. I changed the drop table in the "config.plist" - redone the entire install starting from scratch, but still have this kernel panic.

Any kind advice would be A LOT appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

WDM

Something strange I did not mentionned is that after ML installation the installer ask to reboot and it works !!! I have the ML desktop. At this step I install clover to the fat 32 partition and when I try to reeboot from the SSD I see the clover screen then boot from the SSD and get the kernel panic.

Any idea ?

Many thanks.

wdm

Last thing : after ML installation as long as I let the usb pluged in, I can boot from the SSD and having ML desktop. If I unplug the usb -> kernel panic.

May be a new idea ? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

WDM

Something strange I did not mentionned is that after ML installation the installer ask to reboot and it works !!! I have the ML desktop. At this step I install clover to the fat 32 partition and when I try to reeboot from the SSD I see the clover screen then boot from the SSD and get the kernel panic.

Any idea ?

Many thanks.

wdm

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Many thanks for your kind help !

After more hours spent on that issue i can only boot to ML desktop if Start ->F9 -> boot from EFI file -> Clover_EFI (on usb) -> EFI -> CLOVER -> CLOVERX64.efi -> then Clover startup screen (where I can choose OSX install (on usb) or ML on SSD so I choose ML on SSD -> ML desktop.
If I try to boot directly from the SSD then bios alert : no boot device.
If Start ->F9 -> boot from USB key -> then no boot device -> esc -> esc -> clover startup screen -> ML on SSD - Kernel Panic
I run Clover_v2.3k_r3577 from the ML desktop but it did not create any EFI folder in the FAT 32 partiton ! As you can see in the zip file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/upnyi48icv4si3u/WDM EFI files and screens.zip?dl=0

I am sure that clover is the best solution comparing to chameleon I would really like to use it correctly on my probook.

Again, thanks for help.

Kind regards.

WDM

If I try to boot directly from the SSD then bios alert : no boot device.

It means you didn't install Clover to your SSD.

Make sure you follow the guide linked by post #2 carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back