Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
UHD 620
I'm trying to get HDMI output working on my Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4. This is a Comet-Lake i7-10510U based system with the Intel UHD 620 iGPU. I believe this model is very similar to a X1 Carbon Gen 7, so I created a vanilla installer using Dortania's guide and used some bits from here https://github.com/seven-of-eleven/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1C7-OC-Hackintoshto fix up Bluetooth and the trackpad/trackpoint. HDMI isn't working so I found some other sites to look for inspiration, but so far, no combination of changing the AAPL,ig-platform-id or device-id can get it to work. I've also tried some other frame buffer options, but still no luck. Connector ports look good as well.

Can someone provide some insight? Current EFI attached.

Attachments

• OC-Works.zip
    31.6 MB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 8.03.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 8.03.58 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Not sure what is causing the HDMI not to work, but assuming you are using OC 0.7.7 (as stated by the OpenCore.efi date) then your config.plist throws up the following when checked with ocvalidate.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 19.08.58.png
Terminal output from ocvalidate using your config.plist.

You are using an SSDT-battery.aml table but also have SMCBatteryManager.kext installed. Do the two work together? Should the two be used together?

SSDT-PLNF.aml may be a bit old and wrong for your Comet Lake system using OpenCore. You appear to be using the older version of the SSDT-PLNF.aml which was required for Kaby Lake and older systems. According to the WhateverGreen.kext release notes for v1.4.6 the PLNF samples were incorporated in to OpenCore, that being the case you shouldn't need the SSDT-PLNF.aml in your setup, see below:

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 19.17.55.png

IGPU:
If your laptop is using the i7-10510U as you stated then it doesn't use the UHD 620 IGPU. According to Intel it uses - Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel Processors - this is not the same as the UHD 620 or 630 IGPU.

The IGPU for your Comet Lake CPU has the following device-id - 0x9B41/0x9BCC

This is what the OC Guide for a CFL/CML laptop says:
Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 19.25.58.png Extract from DeviceProperties > Add section of guide.

I would recommend you delete the disabled IGPU device path.

I would recommend you edit the Framebuffer, device-id in the IGPU device path that is enabled. Not sure if any of the other entries you have added are actually required or if they are doing any good.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 19.29.18.png

Thank you for responding with such an in-depth post.

1. I removed SSDT-BATTERY.aml (thank you)

2. Removing SSDT-PNLF.aml causes my system to go to a black screen and not finish booting.

If your laptop is using the i7-10510U as you stated then it doesn't use the UHD 620 IGPU. According to Intel it uses - Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel Processors - this is not the same as the UHD 620 or 630 IGPU.
The IGPU for your Comet Lake CPU has the following device-id - 0x9B41/0x9BCC
I do indeed have the i7-10510U CPU and the device ID for my iGPU under Windows is 0x9B41. This iGPU isn't supported in macOS, so I used the next closest device-id that I found would work. I have tried other device-ids, but none of them seemed to make a difference.

I've tried removing some of the options and changing them, going over the GPU patching guide and I can get a TYPE-C HDMI dongle to work, but not the built-in HDMI at all, just a black screen and it blanks out my laptop screen as well, like it recognizes it, but never displays anything and the monitor goes to sleep.

I'm trying to get HDMI output working on my Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4. This is a Comet-Lake i7-10510U based system with the Intel UHD 620 iGPU. I believe this model is very similar to a X1 Carbon Gen 7, so I created a vanilla installer using Dortania's guide and used some bits from here https://github.com/seven-of-eleven/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1C7-OC-Hackintoshto fix up Bluetooth and the trackpad/trackpoint. HDMI isn't working so I found some other sites to look for inspiration, but so far, no combination of changing the AAPL,ig-platform-id or device-id can get it to work. I've also tried some other frame buffer options, but still no luck. Connector ports look good as well.

Can someone provide some insight? Current EFI attached.
not a desktop, I have moved your posts to laptop support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back