Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97M-PLUS
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi, maybe I can find the help I need here, I'm a beginner and English is not my first languaje, so please be patient.

I made two hackintosh whit diferents setups (both with Opencore 0.6.5), this are the specis:

The one with Catalina

Mother: ASUS Z97m-Plus
Procesor: Intel Core i5 3.4gh 4th generation (Haswell)
Ram: 16gb ddr3
Video: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (iGPU)
Audio codec: ALC887
here is more motherboard data: https://originwww.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97MPLUS/specifications/

The one with Big Sur

Mother: Gigabyte H470M DS3H
Processor: Intel Core i3 10th generation (Comet Lake)
Ram: 16gb ddr4
Video: Intel Graphics UHD Intel 630 (iGPU)
Audio: ALC887
here is more motherboard data: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/H470M-DS3H-rev-10/sp#sp

In both cases all works fine with the exception of HDMI Audio, the audio from back panel its ok, but when I go to Preferences-audio the HDMI option dont appear. By the record, the viedo works just fine!

I sure that is something wrong in the config.plist file, but, like I said, Im a beginner and all the solutions that I found on the internet are complicated to me, maybe here some blesed soul can explain to me in a esay way. Please tell me if you need more information about the specis or the config.plist o whatever you need. Thanks!! and apollogise if I wrote something wrong.

There are no HDMI audio controls built in to macOS, any version of macOS. As Apple don't use HDMI connections in any of their systems. All HDMI volume control changes in macOS need to be made on the display/speaker or with the TV's remote.

If you want audio controls for HDMI in macOS you need to install a third-party application, which you will have to pay to use.

Alternatively you can use an older application called SoundFlower, which can be found on this GitHub page - https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower.

There is also a guide for this software on another site - https://lifehacker.com/how-to-enable-mac-volume-control-for-hdmi-or-displaypor-1793607216

There are no HDMI audio controls built in to macOS, any version of macOS. As Apple don't use HDMI connections in any of their systems. All HDMI volume control changes in macOS need to be made on the display/speaker or with the TV's remote.

If you want audio controls for HDMI in macOS you need to install a third-party application, which you will have to pay to use.

Alternatively you can use an older application called SoundFlower, which can be found on this GitHub page - https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower.

There is also a guide for this software on another site - https://lifehacker.com/how-to-enable-mac-volume-control-for-hdmi-or-displaypor-1793607216
Maybe not explain me well, HDMI audio does not appear in the list of sounds output preferences, there is no option, I know I have to patch the framebuffers, I tried in many ways with Hakintool but did not succeed, I found some solutions and some people who they solve his problems but I can't understand it, on the Opencore page it says something about it but I don't understand it very well, I leave the link below

This is one of the solutions I found .... is complicated for me and... thats no opencore

Like I said upstairs I have two machines, one with Haswell (Catalina) the other with Comet Lake (big sur). I dont understand, because I asume the patches are not the same for one machine to another.

I know that if I have HDMI audio i cant control by softwere, I must do it from the TV volume like you said, but ther is no HDMI sound in mi TV to incrase

This is my preferences sound output (catalina)
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 21.42.15.png

Now I have audio thrw my external sound card that is conected to a pci card, but I need to know how activate or abilitate the HDMI audio, and ofcourse the audio thrw the green plug conector its ok.

Please tell me if there is something that is not understood since like I said, English is not my first language.

and ofcourese BIG THANKS FOR ANSWER!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 22.22.55.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 22.22.55.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Try installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, as mentioned here:

or HDMI frame buffer patching, as mentioned here

or Easy solution, as mentioned here

With Clover i use to had every audio port working using VoodooHDA. I see that OpenCore version is available, but i didn't tested yet:

PS. do the tests using a bootable stick with OpenCore, not on your actual machine

Try installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, as mentioned here:

or HDMI frame buffer patching, as mentioned here

or Easy solution, as mentioned here

With Clover i use to had every audio port working using VoodooHDA. I see that OpenCore version is available, but i didn't tested yet:

PS. do the tests using a bootable stick with OpenCore, not on your actual machine

I tryed installing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, didnt work for me

I tryed HDMI framebuffer patching, I dont know if I didit well, but didnt work aider (thats my problem, I dont know if im doing rigth, I saw many tutorials, so I dont know)

I found the easy solution post here, tried to do it, didnt work for me

I installed VoodooHDA in both hackintosh, the one with Catalina (Haswell), nothing, same thing as always, the one with Big sur (comet lake) in the preferences output sound appears an HDMI option but when I select the option.... no sound (volume of TV at max).

Im going to try this again... I dont know... may be....

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer, this is driving me crazy.

Don't use VoodooHDA.kext, your better sticking with AppleALC.kext for your audio.

You need to go through your two Clover folders and remove any previous fixes you have applied, as these are likely to clash with any new fixes.

Do you have WhateverGreen.kext installed? As that kext along with AppleALC.kext (and of course Lilu.kext) usually enables HDMI audio for HD 4600 or UHD 630 systems.

Are you injecting the correct Intel framebuffer for the HD4600 via DeviceProperties in your config.plist?

Are you injecting the correct Intel Framebuffer for the UHD 630 via DeviceProperties in your config.plist?

The two systems will require different settings!

As you are not using a discrete graphics card in either system you need to be using a framebuffer that contains physical display connectors.

Here is a link to the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ Manual - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md It contains sections that are relevant to both Intel IGPU's you are using.

However, you need to read the top section of the Manual first, as it contains essential settings and information for your use of WhateverGreen.kext.

Are you willing to post a copy of the Clover folders, so we can see what you are using and see what we can offer as a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back