i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys,

I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk laptop. Everything works, except HDMI audio. I can’t get it right no matter what I try, and I’ve tried every guide I’ve found. I was able to patch AppleHDA.kext and sound is working great, but still no HDMI audio in the sound properties window, only 'internal speaker out'. Here are my specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk 80RS
Intel core i5 6200U @ 2.40 GHz
Intel HD 520 Graphics
16GB of DDR3L RAM @ 1600Mhz
480GB SSD as primary boot and system drive
1TB SATAIII HD as secondary. Backup drive
Dual boot (macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and Windows 10 Pro)

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk laptop. Everything works, except HDMI audio. I can’t get it right no matter what I try, and I’ve tried every guide I’ve found. I was able to patch AppleHDA.kext and sound is working great, but still no HDMI audio in the sound properties window, only 'internal speaker out'. Here are my specs:

Intel HD 520 Graphics

Please refer to attached PDF file containing a picture of DPCIManager window and picture of Kexts installed in EFI-EFI-CLOVER-Kexts-Other. Also, in case you wish to look at it, I am posting the link to my RunMe files. Thanks a lot for your time and help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7ooQ7unNid5up12P1ygagZa1kjzzHSD/view?usp=sharing
may also need FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I had already tried that too. Didn't work.
didn't see it in your kext files

try using the hackintool to setup your properties

next time:
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

and upload your files here

didn't see it in your kext files

try using the hackintool to setup your properties

next time:
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

and upload your files here

Well, since that kext didn't work, I removed it. Thanks for the tip, Feartech. I'm gonna do tat right now.

Apparently, macOS Debug Report Generator script does not work on Catalina 10.15.2, so I can't use it to generate the debug report files you requested. I thought the RunMe files would suffice... :|

Apparently, macOS Debug Report Generator script does not work on Catalina 10.15.2, so I can't use it to generate the debug report files you requested. I thought the RunMe files would suffice... :|
run these 3 commands in terminal first:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

I tried it. It doesn't work. I keep getting the same 'Unable to connect to the Internet' message. I also tried the script install to run it offline, and it says the IOregistryExplorer is not the correct version. Frustrating... :|

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 18.11.07.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 18.11.07.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Here's an update: I followed an AppleALC tutorial I found on a Brazilian Hackintosh site: restored my original AppleHDA.kext to SLE, deleted HDAEnabler.kext from EFI-CLOVER-Kexts-Other and configured Clover. Now I am getting better sound quality than with a patched AppleHDA. Also, two mic inputs now show in the sound properties window. Great. I didn't have that before. Now the only thing missing is HDMI audio.

UPDATE - Dec.13th 2019:
I was told it's easier to configure HDMI audio with AppleALC, so I finally got it to work. Now I have better audio quality than I had with the patched AppleHDA, and two line inputs now show in the sound properties window, which I didn't have before. Next and final step to a perfect Hackintosh laptop: HDMI audio!

Intel HD 520 Graphics

Please refer to the link below to my updated RunMe files, in case anyone wishes to look at them. Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back