i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently removed my EVGA 1050ti video card that was working under High Sierra with an MSI RX 470 OC. After the swap I no longer have HDMI audio.

On the sound preference panel I have Digital Audio (HDMI) listed four times, with the type column being empty. I've tried selecting each of these HDMI entries with no luck.

I have uninstalled the nVidia drivers and CUDA drivers. Tried several different methods for enabling HDMI audio without luck and finally updated the system to Mojave.

At this point I'm not sure what to do to fix the HDMI audio.

Mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP. CPU is an Intel i5 6500. Display is a Samsung 40" 4K TV.

I will attach my config.plist and a list of my kext files in a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

My config.plist is attached.

The kext files I have are:

- AppleALC.kext - Installed yestereday
- FakeSMC.kext
- Lilu.kext - Updated yesterday
- WhateverGreen.kext - Installed yesterday

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 228
My config.plist is attached.

The kext files I have are:

- AppleALC.kext - Installed yestereday
- FakeSMC.kext
- Lilu.kext - Updated yesterday
- WhateverGreen.kext - Installed yesterday

Use the search tool and look for “HDMI Audio”. Look for Toleda’s thread. Find the config.plist for your System and use clover configurator app to open both up (right click on each plist) and copying and pasting the audio plist fixes to your real plist. Or even easier configuring the new plist to match existing settings. Then just copy over your serial numbers etc...
It’s usually fixes like HDAU to HPET, kexts and kernel patches, and audio inject number.

I've added AppleALC.kext with no change.

Should I be seeing my kexts listed under Extensions in System Information? The only one I see is FakeSMC.

<edit> I used KextBeast to install AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions. Still no joy.

I will be looking into Toleda's thread for a config.plist - but there are a LOT of posts there.
</edit>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back