No HDMI Audio 10.12.6 Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H77n-Wifi
CPU
Graphics
Intel
Hey guys I downgraded from 10.13.6 to 10.12.6 due to a corrupted hard drive from a dying CMOS battery. I bought a brand new 1TB 860 Samsung SSD as my new bootdrive.
I went to down to 10.12.6 because of compatibility issues (pro audio stuff) using a bootable clover drive using Clover Boot Disk Creator. The installation process went absolutely smooth.

But now for the life of me no matter what I try I cant get:
  1. Quicklook to preview audio files or video files (It also seems Quicktime is busted as well, I can open it, but any time I play a video it crashes.) Videos work in VLC mind you, & I can Quicklook image files just fine.
  2. HDMI Audio to come show up in my sound preferences. Both of these things worked just fine in my last set up.

I do get sources in the audio preferences and I do have audio in general, just not HDMI Audio.

Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77n-Wifi
iGPU: Intel 4000 HD
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k

EFI Folder attached.

Thanks for your time & effort in helping me figure this out!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 80
From a few threads I have read on this and other sites, where the OP had the same or very similar Ivy Bridge systems, other users have found that refreshing the bios clears some of the problems that they were facing. This may be worth a try.

So if you are running bios version F4 (latest bios on Gigabyte site), download the same bios from the Gigabyte site for your motherboard and re-flash it, this may reset a few options that are not currently working correctly.

You will need to reset your bios to function with macOS so use these settings:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Intel iGPU:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/Intel/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher

I will have a look at your EFI Folder to see if anything obvious needs attention. A lack of any SSDT's in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder seems to be something that can be rectified.

Can you confirm if your system is booting Legacy or UEFI, as your CLOVER folder has drivers for both.

Can you also confirm which version of Clover you have installed. I would suggest you use version Clover_r5119 as that was the last version I used that didn't introduce any new issues.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to use. I have made the following changes/amendments to your original CLOVER folder:
  1. Added SSDT-OSXI.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, works with new DSDT patch in config.
  2. Deleted Drivers-Off folder
  3. Deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi from /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, as you also have HFSPlus.efi in this folder, which I believe is a better HFS driver.
  4. Deleted the empty numbered OS and Backup folders from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder containing your system kexts.
  5. Deleted the following kexts from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as they are not required when using a recent version of Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext:
    1. AppleHDA.kext​
    2. GenericUSBXHCI.kext and​
    3. HDMIAudio.kext​
  6. Updated Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to the latest versions.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Deleted a number of unnecessary DSDT/SSDT patches
  • Added some relevant DSDT/SSDT patches
  • Removed a number of unnecessary DSDT/SSDT fixes
  • Removed SSDT setting FixMCFG and added AutoMerge=true
  • Removed boot argument alcid=1, as this is also injected in the Devices Audio section
  • Changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=10, this is the normal darkwake setting for a Gigabyte board.
  • Added dart=0, debug=0x100, keepsyms=1 and -v boot arguments
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
  • Added USB > Inject=true
  • Added Device> Properties for HD4000 IGPU, using AAPL,ig-platform-id=05006201, based on recommendations in WhateverGreen FAQ for Intel IGPU's.
  • Deleted UseIntelHDMI, again based on recommendations in WhateverGreen FAQ for Intel IGPU's.
  • Set LANInjection=true
  • Set Mouse speed and double-click settings
  • Added common Hide Volume entries, to clear some unnecessary icons from the Clover boot screen.
  • Deleted ig-platform-id, as details now present in Devices > Properties section
  • Set four Kernel Fixes:
    • AppleRTC=true​
    • AppleIntelCPUPM=true​
    • KernelXCPM=true​
    • KernelPM=true​
  • Added three Kext and kernel patches
    • Enable Trim for SSD​
    • Yellow icon fix for external drives​
    • USB port limit patch for Sierra, not sure it was necessary with your system but thought better safe than sorry.​
  • Changed SMBIOS to Mac mini 6.2, with new Serial etc, checked with Apple support, so should work with iMessage, iCloud etc.
  • Changed MLB to match new Board Serial number
  • Generated new ROM based on new SMBIOS
  • Set Inject Kexts=Detect instead of Yes
  • Removed Inject System ID=true
Hopefully this revised CLOVER folder will help get you over the audio and graphic issues you were seeing with your current setup.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 160
Thanks man, I appreciate your effort and patience.

I hate to say it, but this made everything worse. Massive graphical glitches, mouse cursor would not display properly, (looked like a glitched missingno from the original Pokemon games on Gameboy for reference). 2nd HDMI display (the one I need audio on) bottom half was a black screen. It was a mess. And now it seems my bluetooth is busted (keyboard says it's connected via bluetooth but wont type, i'm typing via wired connection right now.) It also seems that maybe you uploaded the wrong folder as I noticed some of the edits you said you made weren't present. All the numbered folders are still in the kext folder and none of the kexts from the other folder are deleted.

On the plus side, it did boot quicker than normal. I reflashed the bios, did the recommended settings (though it was hard to find them all because the list was out of order), and I tried updating Clover to r5119 but when i got to the boot screen it could not detect my OS X Installation, thus I had to use my install disk clover to boot into my installation via safe mode then restore my original clover installation.

As for your questions:

"Can you confirm if your system is booting Legacy or UEFI, as your CLOVER folder has drivers for both."
I am booting UEFI.

"Can you also confirm which version of Clover you have installed."
I have version 4617 via CloverBootDiskCreator application.

This time I've attached a fresh dump of the origin folder from the ACPI directory in hopes this might help. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Once again, thanks a lot, I know this is not easy and really do appreciate your time!

Attachments

• origin.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 72
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to use. I have made the following changes/amendments to your original CLOVER folder:
  1. Added SSDT-OSXI.aml to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, works with new DSDT patch in config.
  2. Deleted Drivers-Off folder
  3. Deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi from /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, as you also have HFSPlus.efi in this folder, which I believe is a better HFS driver.
  4. Deleted the empty numbered OS and Backup folders from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder containing your system kexts.
  5. Deleted the following kexts from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as they are not required when using a recent version of Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext:
    1. AppleHDA.kext​
    2. GenericUSBXHCI.kext and​
    3. HDMIAudio.kext​
  6. Updated Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to the latest versions.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Deleted a number of unnecessary DSDT/SSDT patches
  • Added some relevant DSDT/SSDT patches
  • Removed a number of unnecessary DSDT/SSDT fixes
  • Removed SSDT setting FixMCFG and added AutoMerge=true
  • Removed boot argument alcid=1, as this is also injected in the Devices Audio section
  • Changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=10, this is the normal darkwake setting for a Gigabyte board.
  • Added dart=0, debug=0x100, keepsyms=1 and -v boot arguments
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
  • Added USB > Inject=true
  • Added Device> Properties for HD4000 IGPU, using AAPL,ig-platform-id=05006201, based on recommendations in WhateverGreen FAQ for Intel IGPU's.
  • Deleted UseIntelHDMI, again based on recommendations in WhateverGreen FAQ for Intel IGPU's.
  • Set LANInjection=true
  • Set Mouse speed and double-click settings
  • Added common Hide Volume entries, to clear some unnecessary icons from the Clover boot screen.
  • Deleted ig-platform-id, as details now present in Devices > Properties section
  • Set four Kernel Fixes:
    • AppleRTC=true​
    • AppleIntelCPUPM=true​
    • KernelXCPM=true​
    • KernelPM=true​
  • Added three Kext and kernel patches
    • Enable Trim for SSD​
    • Yellow icon fix for external drives​
    • USB port limit patch for Sierra, not sure it was necessary with your system but thought better safe than sorry.​
  • Changed SMBIOS to Mac mini 6.2, with new Serial etc, checked with Apple support, so should work with iMessage, iCloud etc.
  • Changed MLB to match new Board Serial number
  • Generated new ROM based on new SMBIOS
  • Set Inject Kexts=Detect instead of Yes
  • Removed Inject System ID=true
Hopefully this revised CLOVER folder will help get you over the audio and graphic issues you were seeing with your current setup.
Oh and btw i started using 14,2 for the smbios again

I'm still having major issues with this. I fixed the bluetooth issue by using another port (usb dongle). It seems I've uncovered another issue. Anytime i try downloading a large file the computer slows down then eventually restarts. I think it's a kernel panic as the bootscreen says "Your computer has restarted because of an issue" etc.. Any help please guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back