i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I know that 6900 xt works without WEG Kext. But I'm curious if in tests such as geekbench you get better performance with WEG or without WEG. Finally, do you use the 6900 xt with Mac pro 7.1 smbios or with another smbios?

Hello
I know that 6900 xt works without WEG Kext. But I'm curious if in tests such as geekbench you get better performance with WEG or without WEG. Finally, do you use the 6900 xt with Mac pro 7.1 smbios or with another smbios?
I am wondering if some newer versions are "overclocked". I just got an MSI RX6600 XT and it Metal benches 10% higher than miliuco's Feb'22 post referenced above by edhawk — I see 90000 vs miliuco's 81000.

I think there is no SMBIOS dependency for these cards, but one of CaseySJ's golden-build write-ups says 6000 series wasn't supported until Monterey 12.1.

(His comments are right at the top of the post.)

I am using 6600XT with 12.5 and iMac20,2 no problemo.

Last edited:
Hi,

By following these simple steps

I am trying to add appropriate property for my 6900 xt but I can't do it.

My PCI graphics path using Hackintool is:

PciRoot(0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Please, does anyone manage to add in my config plist?

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 35

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 53
@zappy39

Thank you!

In use your modified config.plist. Is there a way to check if everything is ok now?

@zappy39 and others

Either using the config.plis that zappy39 modified me and not using it, if I try to convert a video to HEVC whit videoproc I get what you can see in the attached video. It's normal?

Attachments

• 2022-07-24 12-13-00.mkv.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
@zappy39 and others

Either using the config.plis that zappy39 modified me and not using it, if I try to convert a video to HEVC whit videoproc I get what you can see in the attached video. It's normal?
Hello @chessa,

Some questions:
  • Which motherboard are you using?
  • Which CPU are you using?
  • Are you asking whether it's normal for VideoProc to use Intel iGPU for HEVC transcoding -- even when AMD RX 6900 XT is present?
  • Are you able to click the "AMD" button at the bottom of the transcoding window?
VideoProc-AMD-Option.PNG

@CaseySJ

If this is not the correct section of the forum, move the discussion. Thank you.

In my signature hardware, under macOS Ventura B3 and whether i use smbios MacPro 7,1 (without WEG) or smbios iMac Pro 1,1 (with WEG) seems that the hardware acceleration of the RX 6900 XT does not work.

Using the VideoProc software, I get what you can see in the attached video.

I also attach the EFI in use and IOReg

Any help please?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 72
  • Mac Pro .zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Video.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
@CaseySJ

If this is not the correct section of the forum, move the discussion. Thank you.

In my signature hardware, under macOS Ventura B3 and whether i use smbios MacPro 7,1 (without WEG) or smbios iMac Pro 1,1 (with WEG) seems that the hardware acceleration of the RX 6900 XT does not work.

Using the VideoProc software, I get what you can see in the attached video.

I also attach the EFI in use and IOReg

Any help please?
It might be good to search the VideoProc website/forum, or submit a question to their technical staff. I found this article, but not sure if it helps:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back