Contribute
Register

No Hard Drives Showing Up In Disk Utility | Installing El Capitan | Dell T5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 23.19.58.jpg

Update:
it work!

Just installed El Capitan (clover) on Dell T5500 as per @Matte82 post in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305822-help-with-hp-z600/

What I noticed there is a higher temperature on cores and GPU. the GPU stay on 83C and CPU at 45C average. In windows 7 for example the GPU stay at 61C and CPUs at average of 25-35C. It seems that OsX use these at higher capacity even in idle mode.

Not tested sound and network yet. but I am sure that will be ok when I find the right kexts for these.

Awesome, thanks for the info and feedback! Nice to see that the onboard SATA connectors are working. But I bought a SATA 3 PCI-E card which gives me better speeds than the onboard connections. It is supposed to work with 10.8 but I want to install 10.11. Ill follow what Matte82 did but I'm not sure if it will solve the issue with my card. Is there any other social media platform I can contact you on so we can chat via IM? Thanks.

I don't know about this pcie card and what affected in order to install EC because I don't have one. I using only sata port from board.

Because I would like to install Mac OS X onto a hyper duo volume (hyper duo is like a hardware fusion drive) on the SATA/RAID card I bought, I cannot pull out a hard drive, put it into a usb internal hdd docking station, perform the install on that, put the hdd back in the chasis and wire it back to the motherboard. Instead I was wondering if there was a way to add the AHCIPortInjector.kext to the clover installer so that the hard drives from the SATA card and onboard SATA will be detected through the installer? I have tried adding it to the clover/kexts/10.11 and Other folder but have had no success. Thanks!

I have tried adding it to the clover/kexts/10.11 and Other folder but have had no success.

You should either add it to both 10.10 and 10.11 directories, or delete all the numbered directories and put all your kexts in Other instead.

If there are numbered directories present Clover sometimes uses 10.10 and sometimes 10.11 for El Capitan, so you need copies in both. If there are no matching numbered directories present, it falls back to whatever's in Other (but only if it didn't find a matching numbered directory).

I currently have all the kexts in the other folder with all the other numbered ones deleted. And it does not seam to load the AHCI kext.

Update:
it work!

Not tested sound and network yet. but I am sure that will be ok when I find the right kexts for these.

Created USB with Unibeast for El Capitan
For install used GeForce 8400GS PCI-E x1 Edition (no injection)
Disabled Ethernet in BIOS (Integrated Broadcom® 5754 Gigabit Ethernet controller, as it does not work easily - trying to figure it out - see below for solution )
Used attached config.plist

Unchecked all DSDT fix options, added AHCIPortinjector to 10.11 kext folder on install stick, booted with -v only, did NOT use -x (Safe mode) as it would always KP in the end
Installer boots just fine, installs fine on SATA 0 drive (NOT need for external USB)

Rebooted & got to finalize the install. Installed latest Clover (which on the day was Clover_v2.3k_r3944.zip) in ESP, boot0af in MBR

Installed Intel PRO/1000 CT Desktop Adaptor PCI Express & used this injector kext

Or one can use onboard network following this

Installed that driver to

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

fixed permissions, rebuild prelikedkernel

NO IP from DHCP, but manual IP works fine, so happy after all
Sadly onboard network does NOT come back from sleep

At this point swapped 8400GS for NVIDIA GeForce 210 & injected it in Clover config

Works (almost) perfectly fine, for sound used VoodooHDA 2.8.4 as described here

Comes up from sleep really fast, but display initially stays black (it takes ~ 4 min for graphics to kick in)

Attachments

• config.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext_.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back