No handler for Region [ECOR] after EC patching and stuck apfs_module_start:1683

Motherboard
Lenovo L390 Yoga
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hello,

I'm currently trying to install the latest macOS Catalina on my Lenovo L390 Yoga laptop. As per advised, I renamed my H_EC device to EC after being stuck on apfs_module_start:1683 (or 1334 when trying the latest Mojave). I have also installed USBInjectAll and XHCI-unsupported on my kext folder.

However, even after patching, I still get stuck on apfs_module_start, and get thrown the ACPI error region ECOR has no handler (checking the DSDT, ECOR is dependent on H_EC).

My EFI folder and DSDT are attached.
Kexts and drivers folders are as follows:

Code:
KEXTS>OTHER:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Code:
DRIVERS>UEFI:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
DataHubDxe.efi
EmuVariableUefi.efi
HFSPlus.efi
NTFS.efi
NvmExpressDxe.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi

Edit: Woops, I had the fake EC patch SSDT-EC in the ACPI folder from an earlier try, but removing it still kept it all the same.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo L390 Yoga
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
The apfs_module_error seems to be the result of an incompatible NVMe (Samsung PM981), so no hackintosh until it's replaced.

As for the EC patching, I have no way of knowing whether the patch worked or not regardless of the ACPI error, since Clover still tries to load the NVMe even when it's disabled through BIOS/UEFI.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The apfs_module_error seems to be the result of an incompatible NVMe (Samsung PM981), so no hackintosh until it's replaced.

As for the EC patching, I have no way of knowing whether the patch worked or not regardless of the ACPI error, since Clover still tries to load the NVMe even when it's disabled through BIOS/UEFI.
apfs_module_start:1683 error is due to lack off SSDT-EC.aml in acpi/patched

but as you have also found out that Samsung PM981 is not supported and won't even boot to the installer

Motherboard
Lenovo L390 Yoga
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
apfs_module_start:1683 error is due to lack off SSDT-EC.aml in acpi/patched

but as you have also found out that Samsung PM981 is not supported and won't even boot to the installer
SSDT-EC in acpi/patched isn't an option since the laptop does have a working EC (doesn't return zero), only option is to patch all entries of H_EC (in my case) on ACPI through Clover. My question is knowing whether Clover patching is enough, since my chipset has an ECDT, which points to H_EC instead of EC.

Motherboard
Lenovo MIIX720
CPU
i5 7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
SSDT-EC in acpi/patched isn't an option since the laptop does have a working EC (doesn't return zero), only option is to patch all entries of H_EC (in my case) on ACPI through Clover. My question is knowing whether Clover patching is enough, since my chipset has an ECDT, which points to H_EC instead of EC.
Have you solved this issue?
I’m facing the same issue. Although I can boot up, but battery status is not working.