Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD 630
I've read and searched extensively but still coming up with blanks. Using the Gigabyte Z390 UD - i5-8600k, onboard iGPU connected via HDMI, I can't get acceleration. I went through the Hackintool thread and thought I was on-track but I get different results than what it shows. (I never get a red indicator for the connected display, and I also don't get the right output from the patch output)

I've gone through iterations of 18,1, 18.3, etc. If I remove "Inject Intel", I'll get a blank screen on boot. With the config.plist attached, I get the configuration listed in the attachments.

First run at this and I've been through every iteration that I can find. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 41
  • About.png
    About.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 69
  • About Graphics Info.png
    About Graphics Info.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 70
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Hackintool - iGPU.png
    Hackintool - iGPU.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Hackintool - Patch Info.png
    Hackintool - Patch Info.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Hackintool - Patch Connectors.png
    Hackintool - Patch Connectors.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Hackintool - Patch Output.png
    Hackintool - Patch Output.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 81
  • kextstat output.png
    kextstat output.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 81
I managed to get things working. Mostly by using this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/ I had read it before, but you learn some things from all the other posts and it all started to add up.

First thing: I noticed that Lilu and WhateverGreen weren't "loaded" when I looked at the Extensions under "About this Mac > System Report > Software > Extensions". They were installed but not "loaded". I fixed that by deleting the existing kexts from the System/Library and using Hackintool to reinstall them.

Next: I pulled all the "injections" from the Clover config and used the "Devices" section to define the card in the "Properties" section as described in the guide and using Hackintool. I was still getting a blank screen during boot though.

Last: I couldn't get Hackintool to show the red highlighted section for the monitor I had connected. So I had to use trial and error to go through each listed index of ports. I would choose one of them and set the BusId to 0x00 on the others until I got it right. Ended up being Index 3 that was the active and I set it to HDMI. Interesting thing, once I get the display working and accelerated, the red highlight now shows in Hackintool.

Closing Thoughts 1: I'm seeing "???" in the Graphics listing under "About This Mac", but it has no affect as I'm getting the accelerated graphics. It's how I'm describing it in the Clover config so I guess that's just a string to correct. (seems to be appearance only)

Closing Thoughts 2: I'm now seeing the same behavior that others experienced with the mouse lagging on initial startup and wake. Annoying for about 20-30 seconds and then it's fine. Guess I'll need some more thread searching to resolve that.

Hope this is helpful to someone else. Took me a couple of days to work through being a newbie at this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 61
  • About This Mac.png
    About This Mac.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Hackintool - Connections.png
    Hackintool - Connections.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I managed to get things working. Mostly by using this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/ I had read it before, but you learn some things from all the other posts and it all started to add up.

First thing: I noticed that Lilu and WhateverGreen weren't "loaded" when I looked at the Extensions under "About this Mac > System Report > Software > Extensions". I fixed that by deleting the existing kexts from the System/Library and using Hackintool to reinstall them.

Next: I pulled all the "injections" from the Clover config and used the "Devices" section to define the card in the "Properties" section as described in the guide and using Hackintool. I was still getting a blank screen during boot though.

Last: I couldn't get Hackintool to show the red highlighted section for the monitor I had connected. So I had to use trial and error to go through each listed index of ports. I would choose one of them and set the BusId to 0x00 on the others until I got it right. Ended up being Index 3 that was the active and I set it to HDMI. Interesting thing, once I get the display working and accelerated, the red highlight now shows in Hackintool.

Misc. 1: I'm seeing "???" in the Graphics listing under "About This Mac", but it has no affect as I'm getting the accelerated graphics. It's how I'm describing it in the Clover config so I guess that's just a string to correct. (seems to be appearance only)

Misc. 2: I'm now seeing the same behavior that others experienced with the mouse lagging on initial startup and wake. Annoying for about 20-30 seconds and then it's fine.

Hope this is helpful to someone else. Took me a couple of days to work through being a newbie at this.
your hardware profile needs updating

Appreciate the feedback. I’m assuming that’s in reference to the mouse lag? Is iMac18,1 the optimal hardware profile for this board/CPU combo?

Appreciate the feedback. I’m assuming that’s in reference to the mouse lag? Is iMac18,1 the optimal hardware profile for this board/CPU combo?
it is reference to your hardware profile, your lack of graphics that you couldn't be bothered to enter in

it is reference to your hardware profile, your lack of graphics that you couldn't be bothered to enter in
OK, well I thought since I was using the iGPU, that it was "none". Apologies, I'm new here.

OK, well I thought since I was using the iGPU, that it was "none". Apologies, I'm new here.
no worries, but you posted in Graphics section with no indication in your profile as to what graphics you have

if you are using cpu graphics then it should say Intel UHD Graphics 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back