Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like that PM really works with 10.9.3 and nvidia web drivers.

Graphic: gigabyte GTX 770 4GB

Could someone briefly summarize advantages and disadvantages of using Web drivers from NVIDIA? Will they make future updates more difficult? Or something else?

PM Seems to work with 10.9.3 and the web drivers!

GTX 660

Same here, web drivers brought back power management on GTX760.

Could someone briefly summarize advantages and disadvantages of using Web drivers from NVIDIA? Will they make future updates more difficult? Or something else?

well it will fix the issue where your GPU clock wouldn't throttle down.
It's pretty easy to install and didn't cause me any issue.

However, you will have to disable them before updating OSX and wait until NVidia release compatible drivers (took them 24 hours the last 2 updates).

NB : I think the bug only applied to NVida GPUs although I'm not 100% sure

Now i have another issue:

After updating the web drivers, my cuds needs to be updated ! Has anyone else this issue ?
I can't find any new cuda drivers

Jazzman

Great! Mine is also working with 10.9.3 update on asus gtx 760. Used nvidia web driver update and boot flag nvda_drv=1.

I also get an Update required from cuda. Updates will probably follow..?

Mine didn't work on ML and still doesn't from 10.9 until 10.9.3.
My problem isn't the temperatures since My system is water-cooled (cpu, motherboard vrms) and with full load 1.06Ghz/7.01Ghz isn't going further than 46-47C but with apps such as Davinci Resolve and FCPX which when I use them I take the warning message that my gpu memory is full and I can't work my projects unless I do a restart.Also I have tested games such as World of Warcraft, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition to check the behaviour of my gpu and isn't running well like when I will play wow for example at Win8.1 the framerate never drops like at Mavericks and some other games which are very light for my machine I experience very slow frame rates or the opposite which is turbo mode.I have read so many posts and I still didn't find the solution yet.Below Im uploading some screenshots of my machine in case anyone can help me. Last apps like preview and Photoshop upscale my gpu clocks instantly and when i close them the clocks are not going back to idle mode.Please guys help if you can I made this system for video editing and I experience so many problems with my gpu and i don't know what else to do... Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.17.32 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.18.01 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.18.19 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.19.08 PM.jpg

System:
Intel i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VI Formula
Kingston 16GB C9 1600Mhz (4x4GB modules)
Asus GTX 770OC 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back