Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've connected to multiple monitors with HDMI, DVI-d, and Display Port and I get the same results. Once the 670 hits max it stays there.

Under ML this exact same setup worked perfectly. So either there's a power management or display driver bug.

I've connected to multiple monitors with HDMI, DVI-d, and Display Port and I get the same results. Once the 670 hits max it stays there.

Under ML this exact same setup worked perfectly. So either there's a power management or display driver bug.
You are lucky they erase my answer to your previous ironic post.With what app your Nvidia has this problem?.Why don't you use the HD4000 as your primary when your system will need the nvidia acceleration it will have it.Me for example when i work with adobe cs6 and in premiere cs6 system use my nvidia cuda acceleration.

Is somebody here who can tell me the right efi string for a 4600? I did nor find anything about this on the internet...

Greetings

muelleimer98
Open a diffent post someone with the same setup will help you

You are lucky they erase my answer to your previous ironic post.With what app your Nvidia has this problem?.Why don't you use the HD4000 as your primary when your system will need the nvidia acceleration it will have it.Me for example when i work with adobe cs6 and in premiere cs6 system use my nvidia cuda acceleration.

You´re right, the cuda acceleration will kick in when needed. I have much better power management this way but still gets stuck some times. :banghead:

OK....did a few tests more!

used the OpenCL.frameworks of ML, the GPU now is working like it should, throttling up and down, doesn´t matter which application is in use, tried first with Quicklook/Finder and Photoshop....everything working fine so fare.
But i got another problem during the test....scrambled graphics in some parts, or just no icons.

So i´m pretty sure the whole problem/bug is only related to OpenCL
Maybe use OpenCL.framework from Mavericks DP3?

well,i have the same problem,today i updated to mac os x 10.9.1,but it doesn't make a difference.:geek:did anyone test it on a real mac?:banghead:

noob here, is this bug noticable when actually using the OS ? i use a gtx 460, im really not sure how to read the hw graph properly to know whats going on, but should the os seem slugish or slow, or its just using more juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back