Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works me as well. However, I have OS X default driver selected in the Nvidia panel, and power management continues to work. I've tested with all apps that previously triggered the bug.

Same here. Web Driver works and my Quadro 2000 now it throttles down well. Hp Z400 10.9.3

I have been able to get power management on my GTX570 however after sleep the frequencies are all full throttle and require a reboot to step back down.

Have be you guys been able to get gpu speed stepping after wake from sleep

I can confirm this fixes the bug i was experiencing with the GPU staying at its highest clock speed. Opening VLC or playing any games on Steam would trigger this bug. The web drivers fixed it, now the clock doesnt even increase unless its required, after using VLC or playing games the clocks cycle back down.

Here is my Setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (UEFI BIOS: F9)
CPU: Intel Core i5 3470S
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 FTW 3GB
Driver Used: Web Drivers (http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/334.01.01f01/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg)
Boot Flags: -v nvda_drv=1
Bootloader: Chimera 3.0.1
System Definition (SMBIOS) : iMac13,2

I apologize if this is obvious but, anyone who updates to 10.9.4 with the drivers i linked above installed? The system will notify you when it boots in Verbose (If you have the system set to boot that way) and also when you login that the Official built in drivers were force loaded as the Web ones arent compatible anymore. To resolve this, open the Nvidia control panel and check for an update. It will find newer files (334.01.02f02). Let it install those drivers, reboot and everything should be back to normal :D

I apologize if this is obvious but, anyone who updates to 10.9.4 with the drivers i linked above installed? The system will notify you when it boots in Verbose (If you have the system set to boot that way) and also when you login that the Official built in drivers were force loaded as the Web ones arent compatible anymore. To resolve this, open the Nvidia control panel and check for an update. It will find newer files (334.01.02f02). Let it install those drivers, reboot and everything should be back to normal :D

So are you confirming that power management still works under the 10.9.4 update?

-Santos

PM doesn't work for me on 10.9.4. I use an edited agpm, dsdt, nvidia drivers, and clover. It worked briefly on 10.9.3 but stopped as soon as I updated. However, I discovered a solution *sort of*. After enabling hd4000 in combination with my gtx760, power management for my gpu works perfectly. Now, the frequency doesn't budge when i open preview. Its not a real solution because if I turn off the monitor connected to the igpu then the 760's frequency gets stuck again. After trying everything last night, Ive settled on my half assed fix.

iMessage is completely broke since around april after working for a year and a half.

Install web driver, run web driver. PM works. Alternatively, just copy the libclh.dylib file from web driver into standard driver and PM works then too (so does opencl). Every OS update will break web driver and make it default back to outdated R310, breaking power management until you update web driver again, OR re-copy libclh.dylib from web driver into the stock 10.9.x driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back