Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2048 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated cable modem with new one that has Gigabit ethernet and wireless "n". My Win7 computer auto connects as gigabit ethernet (connected with LAN cable) but my SL 10.6.7 computer with Asus PH55-M-Pro MB will not connect at more than 100mbps (connected with LAN cable).

In 'About this Mac' my ethernet is using RealtekR1000SL.Kext. I have tried using Multibeast to install Realtek's Gigabit Kext but nothing changes on reboot.

Anyone have any idea how to get gigabit ethernet going. I have done research on google and haven't found much usable info.

Thanks

re-run the realtek option in mb with the lan cable disconnected, reboot and connect the lan

Blog said:
Just updated cable modem with new one that has Gigabit ethernet and wireless "n". My Win7 computer auto connects as gigabit ethernet (connected with LAN cable) but my SL 10.6.7 computer with Asus PH55-M-Pro MB will not connect at more than 100mbps (connected with LAN cable).

In 'About this Mac' my ethernet is using RealtekR1000SL.Kext. I have tried using Multibeast to install Realtek's Gigabit Kext but nothing changes on reboot.

Anyone have any idea how to get gigabit ethernet going. I have done research on google and haven't found much usable info.

Thanks

Topic moved to Network.

netsullivc said:
re-run the realtek option in mb with the lan cable disconnected, reboot and connect the lan

Tried that but still no go. Still have RealtekR1000SL.Kext being used in About this Mac and no gigabit ethernet.

Blog said:
Problem solved!!!! Used Lnx2Mac's latest RTL81xx OSX driver pkg and rebooted with gigabit lan.

Thanks the suggestions
:headbang:

Lnx2Mac said:
Blog said:
Problem solved!!!! Used Lnx2Mac's latest RTL81xx OSX driver pkg and rebooted with gigabit lan.

Thanks the suggestions
:headbang:

Thanks Lnx2Mac for spending the time to provide us a working driver.....I wasn't sure if it would work with my MB as I had read in a post on your site that my LAN chip wasn't actually supported as it is a derivative of another chip (RTL169 or something) but when i rebooted and saw the Blue LED on my router (indicating 1 gigabit) light up.....awesome.

Thanks again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back