Contribute
Register

No functioning USB ports GA-x79-up4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Caratuco,

Maybe create a new post titled "[Success] Installing El Capitan on a GA-X79-UP4" and list your steps with Unibeast. They should accept that post.

Has Caratuco got USB3 working?

Today I got my USB 3.0 front ports working. I had to use the Kext file provided by Rehabman at this post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...t-usb3-0-solution-el-capitan.html#post1163114)

Despite we have different boards (mine is GA-X79-UD5) it could be a solution.

An strange thing is that I had to disable the USB 3.0 ports on BIOS, but I think Clover UEFI manage to make it work...

I also have to use "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.Kext" and "FakePCIID.kext"

Hi Mac2Ci,
I tried your suggestion on posting using unibeast and clover. It said something about needing the moderator's approval for some things in the post. Not sure what rules I'm breaking but I guess they have their reasons. In the mean time we have hijacked this thread, which was not my intent.

Today I got my USB 3.0 front ports working. I had to use the Kext file provided by Rehabman at this post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...t-usb3-0-solution-el-capitan.html#post1163114)

Despite we have different boards (mine is GA-X79-UD5) it could be a solution.

An strange thing is that I had to disable the USB 3.0 ports on BIOS, but I think Clover UEFI manage to make it work...

I also have to use "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.Kext" and "FakePCIID.kext"

Ok This worked for me in Chameleon (enoch).

Now to try Clover!

Hello, after reading all this I was afraid to update, after many attempts I managed INSTALLING,
flag" npci=0x2000" for me, but I have the same problem at all, audio and USB3,
I will give trashing residues help when vate something new ...:beachball:

ThankMac2Ci,

worked with "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0n10.command"
and then install multibeast Drives/ Realtek alcxxx/ ALC892

someone has a solution for a Processor Unknown?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.28.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 10.28.30.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back