Contribute
Register

No free update for iWork 2013 possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny, I have legitimate copies of iLife and iWork (DVD based). Apple would not let me update it on upgraded ML volume. But any not legit/legit copies of this software will be upgraded as long as you have new install of Maverick, not an upgrade. At this point, Apple will allow you to upgrade and put all of them on purchased category. Figures...

It is funny, I have legitimate copies of iLife and iWork (DVD based). Apple would not let me update it on upgraded ML volume. But any not legit/legit copies of this software will be upgraded as long as you have new install of Maverick, not an upgrade. At this point, Apple will allow you to upgrade and put all of them on purchased category. Figures...

So I upgraded to Maverick and I can't get the free updates to work for iWork and iLife. Are you saying if I did a fresh install of Maverick then I would be able to get the newest versions of them free from app store without any errors?

So I upgraded to Maverick and I can't get the free updates to work for iWork and iLife. Are you saying if I did a fresh install of Maverick then I would be able to get the newest versions of them free from app store without any errors?
Exactly, but you can just use Virtual Machine instead. The sequence described earlier works, just instead of installing trials, install you own copies ( legit or not) to VM and use your existing Apple store account to update in VM, after this you will become a legit owner of the products it updated and even failed to update (imovie). So then you can apply updates on your upgraded real partition, and all will work.

I was able to create VM with USB stick, just use custom VM and do all the way to boot. it will fail, but then connect you USB when VM is running and allow fusion to connect USB to VM. In VM boot screen select "Boot Manager" and select your USB drive to boot from (it may say USB EFI, but it will boot fine from UBeast)

It is good to know, but as long as it even tries to update iMovie and fails because of Video, it will associate it with your account as purchased. That was the goal of this exercise - to become owner. When you own it -you can install it anywhere you want.

It does seem as if Apple was trying to limit upgrades to Macs only. Updates are allowed on EFI systems and most hacks are not using EFI. What you think?

Ah, I see. Though on my system the failed update didn't result in making me owner on my other computer.
After I was able to pass the test and download, then my other system was able to download (and I cancelled the download on the VM).

Regarding Apple trying to limit it only to Macs with EFI? Nah, that would be a little far fetched imho.
OS X is limited to only Macs, but thanks to some very smart people who created FakeSMC, custom kexts, injectors and guides, you are able to run it on non-Apple. They know that if they create another obstacle it will be tackled, so why would they put all that effort in?
I think it's just the same issue as with Messages a while back.

Yet I hope that Clover makes it to something like the probook installer, it looks very promising.

The problem lies on Chameleon bootloader not injecting BoardSerialNumber properly. Using Vmware trick or switching to Clover fix this.

The problem lies on Chameleon bootloader not injecting BoardSerialNumber properly. Using Vmware trick or switching to Clover fix this.

this sounds like the reason why my 'software updates' from MAS isn't working in general.

is there a way to check and fix the boardserialnumber is injected?

i don't know a thing about how to setup clover, and don't have a vm.

something in the chameleon wizard to click?

i've rebuild kext permissions and cache, ec reset, and etc. don't want to do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back