Contribute
Register

[No FIX] XFX RX560 4GB Cannot work

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get the artefacts, it is because the memory speed or core speed of the bios that you've flashed is too high for the GPU and/or Memory or incompatible with the memory chips that you have on the board.

I would try the Sapphire RX 560 2048 MB Pulse bios, that has a very conservative Core/Mem speed.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/197896/sapphire-rx560-2048-170929

Also about the 560D, it is a capped 560 with less cores.

This bios bricked my card. Now I cannot get post screen with it inserted even in a second PCI express slot. I've just tried it on 2 motherboards, when I insert it even in a second PCI express slot, I cannot get the system to post. It posts with my old 5770 but as soon as I insert 560 it won't even post. Now I have no idea how to recover it

I suggest to remove the card, boot the computer and on the BIOS, enable the internal display and set it to primary. Then I believe that you can boot the computer.

Uggh, this got me so frustrated. After flashing, card wouldn't let 2 boards to boot. I'm not really tech expert, but I've been messing with PCs for a long time, so BIOS reseting, setting internal graphics and so on, isn't unknown to me. I've never even heard of a similar thing. So, as soon as I connect this fresh flashed card to the motherboard (in first PCI ex slot,second, with or without internal enabled or connected, bios reset and so on), motherboard won't POST. ASUS p5kr old one or Gigabyte h77 one. I've found 3rd one where I was able to boot (past POST screen) with flashed card and reflash original vBIOS. Put it back in Gigabyte h77, sigh, it works. Ok, lets try another Sapphire bios and other available BIOSes, boom, it won't boot again. I was arguing with my brother at the time, so instead of putting it in 3rd board (am2) to recover bios, i put it in ASUS p5kr and it boots. WTF. So, to shorten story, I've tried all the BIOSes available on techpower site (compatible, ofc) and as soon as I flash it, my Gigabyte h77-ds3h won't post. If I return original vBios it posts. 2 other boards will boot with card flashed with new bios.

I've tried looking online, but all the posts are related to bricked cards.
I seriously have no idea why the hell this could be happening and won't be flashing my card anymore, too much stress wondering will it boot after each try.

I don't need Hackintosh for many things, I would be using it for online work (teaching), so I don't really need powerful graphics card, it should be able to provide smooth browsing, watching yt videos and
I was actually wondering, since this motherboard has PCI ex x16 and PCI ex x4 slots, if I can use second slot for another graphics card that would be working only under OS X, like cheap GT 710 or so, but I guess that's question for another thread.

Thank you guys for your help.

I've used OC version of Sapphire BIOS because my card is OC version. I lowered memory and cpu clock, but that didn't help. I don't really remember now because that was a month or so ago. I'll try again these days with non-oc bios that c0h1b4 posted, when I have more free time and let you know. Thank you guys for your help

WhateverGreen and Lilu
Can you tell me if the process of flashing and getting it to work difficult?

Can you tell me if the process of flashing and getting it to work difficult?

I recommend you flash if it’s an XFX card. You have to do it from Windows with an elevated command prompt.

I recommend you flash if it’s an XFX card. You have to do it from Windows with an elevated command prompt.

Yes, I have a XFX card. I can’t find a howto to flash xfxncard.

Adding to this thread with my anecdote, maybe it helps someone.

I was struggling for a long time with kaby lake Intel HD graphics in Mojave and High Sierra, tried different mobo, zillions of different settings with WEG and the intel patcher tool, etc. Nothing got it working OK. I don't care at all about games, but just wanted the graphics to not glitch like crazy.

Finally got a XFX 560 RX-560P4SFG5, "RADEON RX 560 4GB D5 1295M CORE DP HDMI Ver 3.2" card. It caused a KP (in Radeon driver) on boot, but after flashing with Sapphire Pulse RX560 it works perfectly with no Clover settings at all. The card is the "1024" version.

This was the vbios I used:

I flashed my XFX RX 560D 4GB and it is working without any issues.
How did you flash it? I tried flashing with the Saphire bios but the graphics card could not be flashed. I have the Radeon XFX RX560 4G

I got one of these cards yesterday . . . only because they'll give me 7 days to try it and the price was right. When I tried to flash it with Sapphire.RX560.4096.170419.rom it gave me a SubsystemIDs Mismatch error and wouldn't proceed. Looking more closely I noticed that the Sapphire rom is for a 560, but when I looked up the card data on TechPowerUp it didn't list the XFX. Looking for the XFX card showed that it is a 560D (a slower version). Looking for all 560D cards there is another Sapphire rom (Sapphire.RX560D.4096.170929.rom). However when I tried to flash it I got the same error.

Also, all of these roms show a card ID of 67EF1002. However the flash utility shows the card detected as 67FF1002. I tried with both of these IDs and neither one lets me boot.

Anyway, it looks like this card is going back. It was ver. 3.1 by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back