i5-6600
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Fl0r!an

@ALL

Problem:::

Cannot Activate XFX RX560 4G. Make external Graphics card to work.

Setup:::

XFX RX560 4G card (PCI ID 0x67FF)

MSI H170i Motherboard + i5 6600

Sierra 10.12.3

Following changes done to Sierra Vanilla Installation:::

set Graphics --> internal graphics card. (IGP)

AMD4100 and AMD9500 kexts modified to match my device ID 0x67FF1002, 0x67DF1002 & 0x67EF1002.

Solutions tried :::

when I boot into Seirra with IGPU (Bios Graphics IGP) only. It works fine and connect my Graphics card to display. No output.

If I change the graphics to PEP in BIOS, Clover configurator works and when I select Boot from HDD. I'm getting into Sierra Boot Loop.

Final Result :::

Cannot make XFX card to work. Could you please help.

Did you flash other RX560 VBIOS?

I flashed my XFX RX 560D 4GB and it is working without any issues.

Can you help me by telling which BIOS did you use? Mine is 2 GB version, but I've tried Sapphire 2 GB version BIOS and it gave me artefacts in Windows while I was still unable to boot in Sierra 10.12.6.

EDIT: I see your signature now.... But you have 560D version, which is basically an RX 460...

Can you help me by telling which BIOS did you use? Mine is 2 GB version, but I've tried Sapphire 2 GB version BIOS and it gave me artefacts in Windows while I was still unable to boot in Sierra 10.12.6.

EDIT: I see your signature now.... But you have 560D version, which is basically an RX 460...

If you get the artefacts, it is because the memory speed or core speed of the bios that you've flashed is too high for the GPU and/or Memory or incompatible with the memory chips that you have on the board.

I would try the Sapphire RX 560 2048 MB Pulse bios, that has a very conservative Core/Mem speed.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/197896/sapphire-rx560-2048-170929

Also about the 560D, it is a capped 560 with less cores.

Last edited:
I've used OC version of Sapphire BIOS because my card is OC version. I lowered memory and cpu clock, but that didn't help. I don't really remember now because that was a month or so ago. I'll try again these days with non-oc bios that c0h1b4 posted, when I have more free time and let you know. Thank you guys for your help

I've used OC version of Sapphire BIOS because my card is OC version. I lowered memory and cpu clock, but that didn't help. I don't really remember now because that was a month or so ago. I'll try again these days with non-oc bios that c0h1b4 posted, when I have more free time and let you know. Thank you guys for your help

I have your same exact card but 4GB version.

Leaving it with default vBIOS it didn't work. I flashed it with 4GB Pulse OC vBIOS under Windows and it worked under macOS with WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back