Contribute
Register

No Firewire port on MoBo, G5 front panel cable issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you just ant to power up the mobo, just short the power connectors quickly with a screwdriver. When I started, it happened the same, it turned on and immediately turned off. In my case it was that I didn't connect the second power cable (the one with 4 connectors).
Anyway, my cable worked on the first time, just make sure you are using the right pins, I added the pin numbers on top and bottom for better reference.

Good luck.

leech3r said:
If you just ant to power up the mobo, just short the power connectors quickly with a screwdriver. When I started, it happened the same, it turned on and immediately turned off. In my case it was that I didn't connect the second power cable (the one with 4 connectors).
Anyway, my cable worked on the first time, just make sure you are using the right pins, I added the pin numbers on top and bottom for better reference.

Good luck.

Success!! (sort of)

I connected the power/power led leads directly to the board, bypassing the Apple connector all together to avoid confusing (again) and something worked lol. When I pressed the power button, the fans turned for about 15 seconds and the light lit up. After that, it powered down, waited about 6 seconds and then repeated the process. It would continue until I long-pressed the power button and shut down the machine.

I'm guessing this is due to there not being any HDD, CD-ROM, RAM, GPU, or any monitor connected. I was just trying to get a response. Any thoughts?

P.S.- thanks to leech3r and gus and all others who helped out!

Hi I hope you are still around here... xD
After a couple of hour of seach in the internet because i couldn't make the power button work, I found this diagram of leech3r that solve the problem, I was confusing the 25vcable o the FW with the GND -.-'.
But this diagram its clear as it gets... But i now encounter another problem, the power LED won't turn off, if the PC it's connected to electricity the led turns ON, but appears to work fine, when i shut down the PC all goes off(the cpu fan, the LED in the motherboard, the PSU, etc, etc...) everything but the power LED, At first i tried W/O connecting the GND or (-) of the led to the (-) of the power button and works the same, then I tried with a bridge between both (-) or GND. Just as the diagram shows but i got the same results.
Please help I have to unplug the pc when i'm not using it.

I didn't plug the audio and the firewire, and the USB doesn't work but i follow another diagram for this. Could this be the cause?

Greeeting from Argentina... :D

I have the same mobo and had to make my own cable. I ended up creating a schematic for anyone to use:
diagrama.jpg

Hope it helps.

I´m a confused by the audio section:
full

I need to bridge this 2 pins in the motherboard???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back