Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgraded my hackintosh to ga-h77-ds3h (rev 1.1) and intel core i5 3550 ivy bridge processor because of the easy compatibility. However this has been a nightmare build. I dont know if its because new rev 1.1 that others didnt have or what. I switched to a gt 240 video card from an amd because of constant issues.
Got it working only if I copy the plist exactly from Unibeast and replace the Multibeast plist, as well as changing from PCIRootUID=1 to PCIRootUID=0.
It will boot but now for some reason when Im in system preferences>network there is nothing listed. I tried creating network location and that works. However when I try to add there is no option for ethernet, only ppoe/vpn/6to4 or something close to that. I plugged in an old airlink wireless adapter and downloaded driver to get some internet but I really want my ethernet as I cant connect to app store without it. (yes I downloaded atheros drivers from multibeast)

Also when upgrading to 10.8.2 lost everything so Im sticking with 10.8.0 right now.

HOW DO I GET ETHERNET BACK AS AN OPTION IN NETWORK?????????????

Some problem for me. Just purchased the GA-Z77-DS3H (version 1.1). Using Mountain Lion 8.2 and Multibeast 5.1. All appears good except no ethernet. Network Preferences is blank. So frustrating since the motherboard is listed as a top choice by this site. Please post if you come across a solution and I will do the same. Good luck.

Some problem for me. Just purchased the GA-Z77-DS3H (version 1.1). Using Mountain Lion 8.2 and Multibeast 5.1. All appears good except no ethernet. Network Preferences is blank. So frustrating since the motherboard is listed as a top choice by this site. Please post if you come across a solution and I will do the same. Good luck.

Will do, included screenshots

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.43.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.43.20 PM.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 4,547
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.44.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.44.12 PM.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 3,479
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.44.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 7.44.48 PM.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 3,493
So I think I found a possible solution however I need some help. The network preferences are stored in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. I need someone with this board with ethernet actually listed to copy their NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist and post them here so I can try and copy them to my computer.

I tried doing this with my backbook pro but unfortunately it did not work as I dont think they are compatibly with each other.

Delete Network.plist in library/System Configuration. Then delete all connections in Network preferences. Now your board uses an Atheros LAN chipset, load maolj's atheros1LEthernet kext in MultiBeast 5.1.1.

Reboot, go to network preferences and add Ethernet and any other connections (wifi, Bluetooth Pan etc, etc...). Make sue Ethernet is en0 not en1 - this allows you to use the AppStore and iCloud.

It should work - however if it does not, repeat the above steps but use EFIStudio 1.0 and insert the string into your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Google this topic for details. Reboot - You should be ok without this step though.

Good luck!

Delete Network.plist in library/System Configuration. Then delete all connections in Network preferences. Now your board uses an Atheros LAN chipset, load maolj's atheros1LEthernet kext in MultiBeast 5.1.1.

Reboot, go to network preferences and add Ethernet and any other connections (wifi, Bluetooth Pan etc, etc...). Make sue Ethernet is en0 not en1 - this allows you to use the AppStore and iCloud.

It should work - however if it does not, repeat the above steps but use EFIStudio 1.0 and insert the string into your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Google this topic for details. Reboot - You should be ok without this step though.

Good luck!

Tried all those and no go. Still no ethernet option. When I try and edit my org.chameleon.boot.plist I cant start computer, my screen goes black after apple logo as I think it messes up my graphics card. It has to be word for word exact as the unibeast loader plist. Im starting to think rev 1.1 on our board is a new thing and is no longer compatible because this is ridiculous

Upgraded my hackintosh to ga-h77-ds3h (rev 1.1) and intel core i5 3550 ivy bridge processor because of the easy compatibility. However this has been a nightmare build. I dont know if its because new rev 1.1 that others didnt have or what. I switched to a gt 240 video card from an amd because of constant issues.
Got it working only if I copy the plist exactly from Unibeast and replace the Multibeast plist, as well as changing from PCIRootUID=1 to PCIRootUID=0.
It will boot but now for some reason when Im in system preferences>network there is nothing listed. I tried creating network location and that works. However when I try to add there is no option for ethernet, only ppoe/vpn/6to4 or something close to that. I plugged in an old airlink wireless adapter and downloaded driver to get some internet but I really want my ethernet as I cant connect to app store without it. (yes I downloaded atheros drivers from multibeast)

Also when upgrading to 10.8.2 lost everything so Im sticking with 10.8.0 right now.

HOW DO I GET ETHERNET BACK AS AN OPTION IN NETWORK?????????????

@Huskers
Any luck resolving. I'm having the same exact issue and its driving me insane. iCloud, app store e.t.c are crucial to me and it seems as though there is no work around for built in ethernet with this board(rev 1.1) Guess I'll just have to buy a new motherboard? So irritated the site recommends this board. Any tips/resolutions appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back