Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just installed El Capitan using clover, and everything works fine apart from the ethernet. My mobo is GA-Z77-DS3H.

Also, my wifi works but the PCI card does not show up in the system report?

Hi AngryG,

Launch System Information > Hardware and select Ethernet Cards

Check that you have BSD name: en0

If you do not have en0 then you will not be able to access iCloud nor the internet via LAN

To fix this, you will have to Re-set your Network Configuration as per jaymonkey's guide here

as for your Wifi card, i have no experience with them but they too should have a BSD name number other than en0

Kexts
You should be using ALXEthernet.kext (available on this site) or AtherosL1cEthernet.kext available elsewhere (hint - insanely..)

Clover
In Clover, the kext should be in your EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 folder (if using El Capitan) otherwise placed in the other 10.xx flavour matching your OSX version

In your Clover config.plist, make sure that Inject Kext is set to Yes or at the very least set to Detect otherwise your Clover kexts will be ignored.

Alternative kext install location

MacMan i believe, prefers kexts to be installed in L/E (Library/Extensions) instead of EFI/Clover/kexts so you can always install your ethernet kext to L/E using KextBeast2 if you prefer that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back