i5 4690k
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys my first post but I have been reading and thought I would give Clover a shot with yosemite. I have the correct kexts for my ethernet which is for intel but i don't get an internet and it doesn't even show in my system report that i have an ethernet card. Any help for this newbie would be great!

Hey guys my first post but I have been reading and thought I would give Clover a shot with yosemite. I have the correct kexts for my ethernet which is for intel but i don't get an internet and it doesn't even show in my system report that i have an ethernet card. Any help for this newbie would be great!
I have found the best way is to copy the IONetworkingFamily.kext to desktop for backup, use MultiBeast to install the network kext, copy the S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10.
Then delete the edited S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext from S/L/E and use Kext Wizard or KextBeast to install the IONetworkingFamily.kext properly back to S/L/E from the desktop.
When finished, delete the copy on the desktop.

Thanks for that algorithm, Going Bald.

I had issues getting the ethernet kext I used to inject from the clover usb stick I used to boot, and gave up and installed the kext with MultiBeast (which worked fine). I would prefer to keep the kexts on the EFI partition, so I'll try this.

Probably another method to get a "virgin" S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext would be to use Pacifist to get the kext out the installer package. Your method seems more direct though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back