Core i7-8700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys and girls.
I have been struggling for 3 days with this and is probably a simple thing, just not for me I guess.

I used the CustoMac Mini Deluxe for my parts. Only change is the GPU as i went with the EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 as it was on the supported list by photoshop.
I found the GPU drivers for that on NVIDIA site and got a clear crisp image 4K monitor.

When I go to System info. I get " This Computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet Cards installed "
I do see others here who got it working using the Multibeast High sierra installer post instalation and added "IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 but with no luck . I then ran the post installation with no luck. added CostoMac Essentials.pkg
Still no Ethernet support.

As a final i went thru the BIOS as discribed here :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/

Is there a friendly soul who is able to help me out.

You can install the Ethernet kext manually :

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

• preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

I must have done something wrong :
Just to clarify, I should delete : IntelMausiEthernet.kext : from Library/extension/
Under: /System/Library/Extensions: Not sure what the file is called and what to delete, sorry
Under: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ : I only have one : preferences.plist, I do Not see NetworkInterfaces.plist

How should I proceed.

I must have done something wrong :
Just to clarify, I should delete : IntelMausiEthernet.kext : from Library/extension/
Under: /System/Library/Extensions: Not sure what the file is called and what to delete, sorry
Under: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ : I only have one : preferences.plist, I do Not see NetworkInterfaces.plist

How should I proceed.
Just move on with the instructions - Clearly you cannot do anything with something that is not there.

I ran the app and terminal.

Terminal went crazy :
Kext rejected due to insecure location

I ran the app and terminal.

Terminal went crazy :
Kext rejected due to insecure location
It appears that you have neglected to disable SIP.

It appears that you have neglected to disable SIP.
Hmm i followed the clover guide but I guess I have to reinstall everything. I'm not able to restart in recovery mode as system still starts in clover menu.
Perhaps I need to do this a different way using a different booter.

Hmm i followed the clover guide but I guess I have to reinstall everything. I'm not able to restart in recovery mode as system still starts in clover menu.
Perhaps I need to do this a different way using a different booter.
No need to reinstall.
You can disable SIP in your config.plist - Rt Variables - CsrActiveConfig = 0x67.
There is even a menu option to do it from the Clover boot loader screen.

I have now tried 3 different ways and terminal confirming that I was allowed to do the change. Still no Ethernet.

When opening KextBeast and I have the file IntelMausiEthernet.kext on desktop.
Under installation type I click :/Library/Extensions Action : Update : Size : ZERO kb ????
The file is 172kb should this not reflect in KextBeast ?
So even when everything running I do not get any new files ?
I apologize and Appreciate your patience.

SIP is : Disabled

I have now tried 3 different ways and terminal confirming that I was allowed to do the change. Still no Ethernet.

When opening KextBeast and I have the file IntelMausiEthernet.kext on desktop.
Under installation type I click :/Library/Extensions Action : Update : Size : ZERO kb ????
The file is 172kb should this not reflect in KextBeast ?
So even when everything running I do not get any new files ?
I apologize and Appreciate your patience.

SIP is : Disabled
No more ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back