No Ethernet detected on hp8300 elite snow leopard install

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said disc..sorry

Attachments

• D7557500-8041-4477-95E6-4E005A684421.jpeg
    D7557500-8041-4477-95E6-4E005A684421.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
That worked great, installing the kext was the key!

I was able to download El Capitan, am I able to do a direct instal without the USB or do I need to do the full multibeast Unibeast install

That worked great, installing the kext was the key!

I was able to download El Capitan, am I able to do a direct install without the USB or do I need to do the full multibeast Unibeast install
You'll need to create a USB installer with Unibeast for El Capitan in Snow Leopard first, just to be safe. I would also do the BIOS update/flash to ver 02.99 first before installing El Cap. See my HP 8300 Sierra Guide for how to do that. I've not tried an in place upgrade from Snow Leopard to El Capitan but you could see if it works or not. Make sure to have that USB to fall back on if needed. Create it for legacy booting if you want to use HD2500 and a VGA connection in El Cap.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to keep using HD2500 graphics for El Cap as the GT 710 is not supported until Sierra. If you try VGA again I'm not certain it will work as well as in Snow Leopard. So now would the time to buy a DP to HDMI adapter to use if that is needed.

Here's a link to a good one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010SDZZ80/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Report back how it goes with the El Cap upgrade.

Will do, ty
I tried a straight install..you were right, it was a nogo...ima get that cable and apply your guidance will update with results

I’m getting to the clover boot screen for elcapitan...i choose to boot using OS X and usb when impress enter the screen goes blank

I think it may have to do with my boot order in bios...I can’t find where the boot from usb option is when I hit esc at startup

I took out the battery and reset the cmos, then reset time and date...no usb options shows up

Oh btw...I could only update my bios to 2.9...I contacted hp and had them Do it remotely...4 times...but I’m now updated from 2.57...

Oh btw...I could only update my bios to 2.9...I contacted hp and had them Do it remotely...4 times...but I’m now updated from 2.57...
That's fine. Just need to be at 2.83 or better to install High Sierra or Mojave. Surprised that they would do that for you. Did it cost anything ?

It did not, they were very gracious over there at hp support

Next things to do. Put your CPU into your profile along with what form factor your HP is.
Since you've finished with Snow Leopard you can create a new thread in El Capitan Desktop Support
if that is what you've installed. Post a link here when you start that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back