CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I seem to have lost all network connectivity after upgrading to Mojave.

The network cable is plugged in and there is a green and yellow LED lit on either side of the socket, but when you go into Network and select Ethernet, it says Status: Cable Unplugged.

Going into System Information, under Network I can see that I have Ethernet under Active Services, with BSD Device Name "en0".

If I go under Ethernet Cards, it says "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed", which may be what it said under High Sierra also - can't remember - the Ethernet controller is integrated on the motherboard, so this may be as expected.

I seem to have lost all network connectivity after upgrading to Mojave.

The network cable is plugged in and there is a green and yellow LED lit on either side of the socket, but when you go into Network and select Ethernet, it says Status: Cable Unplugged.

Going into System Information, under Network I can see that I have Ethernet under Active Services, with BSD Device Name "en0".

If I go under Ethernet Cards, it says "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed", which may be what it said under High Sierra also - can't remember - the Ethernet controller is integrated on the motherboard, so this may be as expected.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Did you remove the existing kext before install another ? If not you need to manually delete the existing kext.
Go to Finder, Then click on Find to Folder, then type this in:
/Library/Extensions

Press go and it will take you to a folder where all those kext should be. Delete the ones that you installed for Ethernet then Restart. After that try again with Multibeast and install the appropriate kext, if that doesn't work then remove and try the next one. Hopefully this helps.

Luckily I had created another partition on the drive before this, so was able to install High Sierra on that. The Mojave partition is still not booting tho. I think that it must be the kexts, as you say. I had some fun getting them right on the new HS partition as well, so will compare them now that is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back