Contribute
Register

No entry sign on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

So I ordered and received a VGA monitor. I removed my Gigabyte GV-N730SL-2GL graphics card. I connected the monitor to the onboard VGA port. Now I don't have the "no entry" issue that I described in the OP, I have a different problem - "b1f: init5" hang. Seemingly, it doesn't like my onboard VGA graphics?

So, boxed up the VGA monitor and decided to further explore graphics card options. So I bought a Sapphire 11190-09-20G (AMD Radeon HD 6450), thinking that my Gigabyte GV-N730SL-2GL graphics card (Nvidia GT 730) wasn't liked by the installer. I inserted the new card, plugged everything in, attempted to install and.. exactly the same problem as in the OP.

Back to the drawing board. ANY suggestions most welcome. Please!

Do you have any usb 2.0 ports? I just reinstalled yesterday and was getting the no entry sign when my flash drive was plugged into my usb 3.0 port. I plugged into my usb 2.0 and voila! Installation successful.

Thanks for the tip. The HP microserver has 4 x USB2 and 2 x USB3 ports. I've tried every single one. I generally don't use the USB3 ports since I know they can be problematic.

This is where I'm at now:

I am typing this from my trusty HP ProBook 4530s, hackintosh'd, of course. I removed my boot drive (a 120gb SSD) from my HP microserver and connected it via USB to my ProBook. Using the ProBook I booted to clover and launched the El Capitan installer from my USB stick. I launched Disk Utility and formatted the USB-connected 120gb SSD to OS X Extended (Journaled) and then proceeded to install OS X to that drive. It went through fine. To test, after completing the install, I restarted and, still using the ProBook, I booted from the 120gb SSD and it worked perfectly - I'm in OS X. Happy days.

So, crossing my fingers I disconnected the 120gb SSD from my ProBook and moved it back to my HP Microserver - but I connected it via USB, same as on the ProBook, not via internal SATA where it normally lives. I also connected my USB stick to the HP microserver and used this to boot to Clover. Clover found my 120gb SSD and I elected to boot from it, same as I did on the ProBook (remember, this 120gb SSD now has OS X successfully installed in it) but.. rather than booting in to OS X normally as it did on when plugged in to my ProBook.. I get the same retched bloody no entry sign and garbled text (I'm booting verbose). See attachment. What on earth is going on here??

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 104
Small update..

I put the 120gb SSD back in it's home. That is, connected to the HP microserver via SATA, not via USB. This made a small difference. Firstly, verbose boot shows me more and different text than previously. Further, I don't anymore get a no entry sign. Now it just hangs and eventually reboots itself. New attachment:

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 96
Last thing on screen before hanging for ages then rebooting itself:

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 118
I wonder..

..could it be that my HP microserver is just not able for El Capitan? Should I try Yosemite?

God damn it! Yosemite is exactly the same - no entry sign and then faded / garbled text. Same as pic in the OP.

Now I'm really, really lost. :(

^^ thanks, I appreciate it. I was feeling quite lonely!

So, I tried something else. I removed my Samsung 512gb SSD from my trusty HP ProBook laptop, which is hackintoshed nicely and running OS X 10.11.3. I put this SSD in my HP microserver, in place of the Kingston 120gb SSD. I booted the Samsung SSD via Clover and.. no entry sign, fuzzy text.

So, I'm thinking the problem is either that my CPU / mobo just isn't like by OS X, or that there's something wrong with my BIOS settings (though they're on default, save for disabling VT-d).

Wish I knew what was wrong. Does OS X not like Intel® Celeron® Processor G1610T (2M Cache, 2.30 GHz)? Maybe it doesn't like the HP mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back