2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had a working machine with Chimera, everything was working except iMessage.

Thought I would try out Clover, to see how easy / hard it would be to get it working, never again.

Installed Yosemite with clover - that went OK
Installed bootloader to machine - that went OK
Rebooted - stuck on Clover bootscreen, had to reboot, happens quite often
Everything working, even iMessage, but no sound :(

Follow instructions, get sound working :)

Reboot, if it doesnt get stuck - no sound :(

In the end - I gave up, went back to Chimera, I can live with no iMessage, until a fix is found (please hope there is one found)

moral of the story - if it aint broke, don't try to fix it

I've had a working machine with Chimera, everything was working except iMessage...Thought I would try out Clover, to see how easy / hard it would be to get it working, never again...In the end - I gave up, went back to Chimera, I can live with no iMessage, until a fix is found (please hope there is one found)

moral of the story - if it aint broke, don't try to fix it

Sorry to hear you gave up on Clover. Maybe later? Clover does have a learning curve but then so does building a Hack. If you want Yosemite AND iMessage you might be stuck with Clover as FileNVRAM might not get updated to support Yosemite. Maybe it will but read Jaymonkey's comment on FileNVRAM in the link below.

Read jaymonkey's great guide to all things iMessage : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

You do not have to read all 1,888 posts :)D) just follow his guide - which covers BOTH Chimera and Clover users.

No end of trouble with Clover - Sloved

OK,

So maybe I spoke too soon about Clover, I stand corrected.

I decided that I would give clover another go, but this time I read all the posts.

Yosemite installed correctly, I even managed to get sound working

Then I decided to get iMessage and Facetime a go

Would not get "call applecare" to happen, this was because of my serial no / MLB / ROM issue, for the life of me I couldn't get it working.

Decided to read through ALL posts on "How to Fix iMessage"

Got the correct config in Clover Configurator and bingo! "Call Applecare"

Happy to say, have got everything working the way it should.

Hope people reading this take note, that give it a go, read the posts, you will get there eventually, don't give up

Thanks too all the people who have decided to post solutions, THANK YOU

Glad you stuck with it and finally got up and running! :)

I had trouble getting Clover to work at first, too. The installation guide is excellent, but it's easy to make mistakes when you first try (I certainly did). In retrospect, Clover is not hard so much as unfamiliar and detailed. You have to read the guides very carefully and be willing to start over a few times before everything clicks.

Although the section on setting up the EFI drives could have been more detailed. It's a little confusing until you walk through the steps and realize it's just a hidden partition on your drive. You need to make it visible ("mount" it) after each boot, if you want to make changes to it. And you need to format it before making changes to it/editing the config.plist there, etc.

Then it's just a matter of searching the forum for the right settings for your MoBo and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back