Motherboard
ASUS Vivobook X510UAR
CPU
i5 8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm trying to install Clover on my new Mojave Hackintosh. For some reason, the installer failed and when I tried to find the EFI partition of the partition where I installed Mojave on, it was completely GONE!

Can anybody help me? I am so puzzled, please... I am in complete exhaustion.

P.S: I installed Mojave on APFS and according to the internet that's probably it, but I've seen the post that was made here about EFI mounting in APFS but it didn't work.

Please reply as fast as you can to me!

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Sorry if I caused any havoc P1LGRIM, I changed my specs so you can help me.

Moved to Mojave Laptop Support.

Hi, I'm trying to install Clover on my new Mojave Hackintosh. For some reason, the installer failed and when I tried to find the EFI partition of the partition where I installed Mojave on, it was completely GONE!

Can anybody help me? I am so puzzled, please... I am in complete exhaustion.

P.S: I installed Mojave on APFS and according to the internet that's probably it, but I've seen the post that was made here about EFI mounting in APFS but it didn't work.

@Renginald,

As long as the drive uses a GUID partition scheme then it will have a EFI Partition, APFS does not touch the EFI partition it is just a 'container' on a GUID formatted drive.

Try installing EFI Agent :-

Once installed you'll see a new icon in your menu tool bar (white circle with a slice cut out), click on it .. it will scan all your drives and display all drive partitions with the EFI partitions being listed at the top and the other partitions listed below, the EFI partition you booted from will be highlighted green. You can mount and dismount it using the icons.

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 12.46.52.png

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I don't think you understand my issue, I'm trying to install Clover on my new Mojave install, but it fails. the place where Mojave is installed on is NOT inside a boot disk, really. It is located in a SECONDARY drive since I want to preserve my Windows install on my faster SSD. Since the secondary drive is not a boot drive, then it doesn't have an EFI partition. How do I... FABRICATE... one!? I don't even know anymore...

P.S: I tried fabricating an EFI partition myself earlier (partitioned the Mojave drive and added another partition called EFI, formatted as FAT32, done through Mojave) and it seems like the FS is completely corrupted on there, it really just doesn't wanna mount (tried with sudo using the diskutil command, also with sudo mount and nothing worked), what's the deal with that? (note that I tried doing it 3 times before giving up on the "fabrication" idea.)

You cannot have both Windows in Legacy mode and Mojave in UEFI mode.

You cannot have both Windows in Legacy mode and Mojave in UEFI mode.

They are on completely different drives, I think it shouldn't matter (right?).

You are entitled to your own opinion.

I do accept other opinions, I am by no means professional (no idea how this works, I just said "let's wing it" to my friend and went pretty far). So what should I do if I want to preserve Windows but also have Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back