Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> No DW1560 Bluetooth after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man I have the same issue with my DW1560. Here is my thread with my debug files in case it helps: 'https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...work-after-boot-up-or-wake-from-sleep.276279/'. I've been through my Clover config to see if anything in it appears to be causing the issue, but couldn't see anything. I also tried putting BrcmPatchRam2 and using BrcmFirmwareRepo (instead of using BrcmFirmwareData) into /L/E and that didn't resolve the issue either.

What is weird is I never recalled having this issue before with this laptop and seemed to start in the last few Mojave updates. I at first thought the issue was switching from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC and enabling VT-D in BIOS, but going back to those settings didn't fix it either. I know the kernel flag doesn't fix anything for me as well.

If there is anything else people can suggest for us to try?

I also once suffered from this problem until recently I found the fix. Take a look at my thread:
It might work for you. Good luck.

I think I fixed it, bpr_probedelay=400 bpr_preresetdelay=420 bpr_initialdelay=600 bpr_postresetdelay=600.
This also made my laptop wake up faster after sleep and make connecting to wifi after sleep faster.

Explanation for anyone interested: I looked at the source code of the driver and these 4 variables have default values ranging from 0 to 100, when not setting the bpr_preresetdelay, it uses the default value which is 20 and is unaffected by the other values like bpr_probedelay, bpr_initialdelay and bpr_postresetdelay. This way we are essentially changing almost nothing about the delay because there is always a function which is executed to early and thanks to our modifications is even wrongly timed.

Im having this same issue with the same wifi card. Bootflags didnt resolve it :(

Im having this same issue with the same wifi card. Bootflags didnt resolve it :(
Did you try the link posted above to try the updated BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts as they work great for me! The boot flags didn't work for me either before trying the updated kexts.

Did you try the link posted above to try the updated BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts as they work great for me! The boot flags didn't work for me either before trying the updated kexts.
just installed it, ill see how it goes. should bootflags be removed?

so upon wake bluetooth is unavailable, but give it about a 30 seconds and sure as hell bluetooth is working again!

so upon wake bluetooth is unavailable, but give it about a 30 seconds and sure as hell bluetooth is working again!
Hell yeah, I will mark the thread solved, it seems like we all have working bluetooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back