Graphics
Intel hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I´m on 10.11.4, and when i run Disk Utility i only see my HD...how can i fix this?

I´m on 10.11.4, and when i run Disk Utility i only see my HD...how can i fix this?

Did you put a disc in the DVD tray and close it?

i couldn´t even open the drive...anyway, i searched the forum and found 2 kexts from Lion that solved the problem: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

i couldn´t even open the drive...

There is a button on the tray for that.

anyway, i searched the forum and found 2 kexts from Lion that solved the problem: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

Those are not "kexts from Lion". They are just SATA injector kexts.

Should not be needed unless there is something quirky about your DVD drive. What is "fast boot" set to in BIOS?

The eject button was absent...once i installed those kexts, it appeared. I didn´t check the bios, because i did not change anything, and the dvd drive did work before

The eject button was absent...once i installed those kexts, it appeared.

The eject button is physical... on the DVD tray itself.

I didn´t check the bios, because i did not change anything, and the dvd drive did work before

As per guide, "fast boot" should be disabled.

I thought you meant the the virtual button on the status bar. The physical button never worked for me to open the tray, not just now, unless there is already a dvd there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back