Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD4600
Hi,

I have an annoying problem since I upgraded to High Sierra. If my display goes into energy saving mode the screen stays black after I try to wake it up by pressing any key. I need to reset the whole machine. To clarify this, the hackintosh is still running and not sleeping, only the display went into power saving mode and isnt recognized anymore by OSX.

I used the framebuffer patch (HDMI & DVI Port 0x5 & 0x6, DP Port 0x0) however there was no success. If I connect my display with HDMI waking up from energy saving mode works fine. I also observed that the DP is working again as soon as I plug in a second screen into the HDMI port. A simple solution would be to use the HDMI only, however I sometimes connect a second screen and therefore need both connectors to work indepently. Do you have any idea how to fix the Display Port?

I use Clover (UEFI) with GA-Z87x-UD3H + i5-4590 + HD4600. CLover config is attached.

Kexts I use:
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Shiki.kext

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Bump. Any idea what causes the problem?

Hi,

I have an annoying problem since I upgraded to High Sierra. If my display goes into energy saving mode the screen stays black after I try to wake it up by pressing any key. I need to reset the whole machine. To clarify this, the hackintosh is still running and not sleeping, only the display went into power saving mode and isnt recognized anymore by OSX.

I used the framebuffer patch (HDMI & DVI Port 0x5 & 0x6, DP Port 0x0) however there was no success. If I connect my display with HDMI waking up from energy saving mode works fine. I also observed that the DP is working again as soon as I plug in a second screen into the HDMI port. A simple solution would be to use the HDMI only, however I sometimes connect a second screen and therefore need both connectors to work indepently. Do you have any idea how to fix the Display Port?

I use Clover (UEFI) with GA-Z87x-UD3H + i5-4590 + HD4600. CLover config is attached.

Kexts I use:
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Shiki.kext

Thanks for your help!

I am not having those problems and I have HD4600 have you tried to see if unplugging and replugging in the monitor works after it goes to energy saver mode or turning it off then back on. Also why do you have all those DSDT fixes checked? I'd start by at least removing FixDisplay.

Last edited:
I am not having those problems and I have HD4600 have you tried to see if unplugging and replugging in the monitor works after it goes to energy saver mode or turning it off then back on. Also why do you have all those DSDT fixes checked? I'd start by at least removing FixDisplay.

Hi carpentryplus25,

thanks for your help. Replugging doesn't help. However I had a similar issue with all OSX versions I had before on this machine. Sometimes the display didn't wake up and I had to turn it off and on again. This always helped and since the bug occured rarely I didn't care about it. Now with High Sierra, the display never wakes up and turning the display off and on also doesn't work anymore. My original clover config (which I used for years) didn't have any edits in the ACPI section. (For high sierra I only dropped the MATS table, otherwise it didn't boot) I tried the DSDT fixes in the hope that they fix my display problem.

Something I found out: When the Display port is not connected during booting it wont work. However I can see with IORegistryExplorer that the Framebuffer detected a second display if I connect the DP.

Hi carpentryplus25,

thanks for your help. Replugging doesn't help. However I had a similar issue with all OSX versions I had before on this machine. Sometimes the display didn't wake up and I had to turn it off and on again. This always helped and since the bug occured rarely I didn't care about it. Now with High Sierra, the display never wakes up and turning the display off and on also doesn't work anymore. My original clover config (which I used for years) didn't have any edits in the ACPI section. (For high sierra I only dropped the MATS table, otherwise it didn't boot) I tried the DSDT fixes in the hope that they fix my display problem.

Checking all those DSDT fixes is definitely not going to help and I’m kinda surprised you can even boot up. The idea here is try before you buy. So adding DSDT fixes from the boot menu to test run before adding to the config is best practice and will eliminate variation

I think I found a hotfix by replacing the current (10.13.2) AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext with an older one (10.12, I copied it from a timemachine backup). Now I have the behavior I'm used to: Display wake works, rarely I have to turn the display off and on to wake it up... Which leads to the conclusion that a changed AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in High Sierra possibly caused my problems.

I think I found a hotfix by replacing the current (10.13.2) AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext with an older one (10.12, I copied it from a timemachine backup). Now I have the behavior I'm used to: Display wake works, rarely I have to turn the display off and on to wake it up... Which leads to the conclusion that a changed AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in High Sierra possibly caused my problems.

I did a search, but this kext isn't even loaded on my Hackintosh.
sudo kextstat | grep Azul

I checked it and it's loaded on my machine. Do you only use Intel HD4600 graphics?

Your profile indicates Skylake, why would you expect a kext for Haswell to be loaded?
Also note your profile indicates you're not even using Intel integrated graphics... (it indicates RX 470)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back