CPU
Intel Xeon 3,33 Ghz x 2
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX770 4 GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have installed MacOS 10.15.2 via patcher in my Mac Pro 5.1 from 2012. I guess it was a stupid thing, the computer is too old. The biggest problem so far is no function of displayport. There is no signal from displayport to the screen, but when I change to HDMI the picture is there. What can be done? Is it a bug? Is it a bad videocard, or not compatible to Catalina? I have Nvidia Geforce GTX680 2 GB, a flashed PC-card bought on eBay. The card is probably 8 or 9 years by now and I had a flickering screen some weeks ago.

With regards
Pär Nordqvist, Sweden

You probably didn't use the "patcher" correctly. (I am assuming you are referring to dosdude1's macOS patcher.) I recommend re-posting your problem in the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum's thread:

OK, I see. I try there. I installed it twice with the same result.

I have done a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.4 on my 2010 MacPro 5,1. I use DVI monitors via Display Port to DVI adapters. What I have found is that on a boot or restart, the monitors display black screen until I unplug and then replug the Display Port connectors. Then the displays work fine. This is on both a Radeon RX 560 and RX 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back