Contribute
Register

No Display/USB after wake on 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z87-HD3 + R9 280X (HDMI)
OSX 10.11.4

sleep problem still here :crazy: I already ordered geforce 770, hope it comes soon

Edit: replaced R9 280X with GTX770 and sleep works fine!

Hello,
Just upgraded from Yos to Capitan latest 10.11.5.
I have a P9X79 with 3930K (no iGPU) and a R9 280x.

Besides the Asmedia USB3 controller, wake/sleep won't work.
Everything was working fine in Yos.

I think I have to rollback to Yos, I rely a lot on sleep for power saving, maybe Big Sur will somehow address this issue...

Hello to all. My problem is various. El Capitan goes correctly in sleep, but if I move the mouse, instead waking up itself correctly it set offs all. What to make?

El Capitan 10.11.5
CPU: 2,8 GHz i5
RAM: 8 Gb a 1333 MHz
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 Mb

I just installed Capitan and sleep no longer works on my machine. Like most, the machine wakes, but to a blank screen.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 270X

Same issue here

Asus Z97-K
HD 7970xt2

sleeps fine, waking up not, system will turn on but monitor won't .. bit like me actually

@Macbooky
This is a known issue for El Capitan, it happens with all AMD Cards from Series HD6000 and up.
If you have two monitors and an integrated Graphics (HD4000 and up) you can select the Intel graphics as first in BIOS.
This way wake works...
Sadly since El Capitan was released last year there is no fix and it doesn't seem as Sierra will fix this issue.
If you really need wake you should probably change to nvidia.

@Macbooky
This is a known issue for El Capitan, it happens with all AMD Cards from Series HD6000 and up.
If you have two monitors and an integrated Graphics (HD4000 and up) you can select the Intel graphics as first in BIOS.
This way wake works...
Sadly since El Capitan was released last year there is no fix and it doesn't seem as Sierra will fix this issue.
If you really need wake you should probably change to nvidia.

Thanks for your reply!, I do have a Nvidia 680 lying around, which I might use. Just installed Sierra without any glitches and I can unfortunately confirm wake still doesn't work.

Best fix for AMD graphics:

Boot Hackintosh whilst HDMI is connected to Mobo integrated Graphics.
Once booted in to Mac OS X change HDMI ports to GPU.

Keep Hackintosh in Sleep mode instead of powering down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back