Motherboard
Aorus Z370 Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since upgrading to 10.11, my computer has been having trouble waking up.
It will go to sleep normally, and I can wake it with BT (IOGear GBU521) Apple Keyboard/Mouse. However, The display won't receive any signal from my HD6850 and USB won't work (since I have a USB audio adapter, I tested USB by playing something on itunes through the iPhone Remote app, and got no sound). Ethernet still works.

I'm using Clover 3259, no darkwake flags, and everything worked perfectly on Yosemite.
Does anybody know how to fix this, through a DSDT patch or something?
Thanks

I also have the same video issue after wake. The computer goes to sleep ok, but after waking there's no video. My USB2 ports work ok, however I can't get USB3 to work (yet). I'm using darkwake=10 dart=0 as boot flags since that's what I used in Yosemite and it worked perfectly. I tried changing to darkwake=0 but it didn't help.

Thanks matt77303!

I got my USB 3 back following this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/ (removing port restrictions). I can put my computer to sleep, and wake it via keyboard or mouse (both are wired). They do work after wake as I can eject my DVD drive from the keyboard (it's a mac keyboard with an eject key) but the display won't come back, the only way is to hit reset to reboot the computer.

The funny thing is that, while rebooting, only my second monitor is active. My primary display (Cinema Display hooked via mini display port) will only get a signal until right before the login screen.

Hi!
Also having problems with wake from sleep with Apple Cinema Display hooked to Radeon 7750 XFX via mini Displayport:
The Screen stays black when waking up the System through USB Keyboard.
Do I have to upgrade any of the kexts in my Clover install? I just copied them from 10.10 to 10.11...

Hi!
Also having problems with wake from sleep with Apple Cinema Display hooked to Radeon 7750 XFX via mini Displayport:
The Screen stays black when waking up the System through USB Keyboard.
Do I have to upgrade any of the kexts in my Clover install? I just copied them from 10.10 to 10.11...

Seems to be the exact same problema that I have, but I'm using Radeon XFX 6870.

I'm using Radeon hd 6870 and have a same problem.

Maybe all radeon graphics are have this issue.

i found this log when i wake up my device.

10/2/15 6:26:05.000 AM kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x565992bd9f2abb73, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45845 ms

Looks like ATIFramebuffer problem.

I'm using Radeon hd 6870 and have a same problem.

Maybe all radeon graphics are have this issue.

i found this log when i wake up my device.

10/2/15 6:26:05.000 AM kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x565992bd9f2abb73, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45845 ms

Looks like ATIFramebuffer problem.

Thanks for reporting! Again Framebuffer problems...did you guys also suffer from black screens with every upgrade after 10.10.3?
I'm still very happy that the rest of the upgrade to el cap went smooth for me... still working sleep would be nice!

I din't have any problems before. Been using the same card since... Lion I believe. Using Clover since Mavericks.

In any case, I tried all the different framebuffers for the ATI 6xxx family which I found here: http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=8.0 none of them fixed the wake issue, still I'm posting my results in case they are useful for someone. I'm using Duckweed as Framebuffer, and I have a Cinema Display hooked up in the mini Display Port (primary display) and an ASUS PB278 hooked up via DVI as second monitor (2560 x 1440).

Results can be divided in the following groups:

1) Same result as Duckweed
2) No video at all when getting to the login screen
3) No video through mini Display Port. Full resolution with DVI
4) No video through DVI. Full resolution with mini Display Port
5) Only video through DVI but at lower resolution

Pithecia: 2
Bulrushes: 3
Cattail: 4
Hydrilla: 5
Fanwort:2
Elodea: 5
Kudzu: 1
Gibba:1
Lotus:1
Ipomoea:2
Muskgrass: 2
Juncus: 5
Osmunda: 2
Pondweed: 2
Spikerush: 4
Typha: 2

For those that I couldn't get my primary display to work, I didn't try whether or not it could wake properly. So while it might be possible that wake is fixed in one of the Framebuffers with results 3 and 5, I figured I wouldn't use it anyway. 4 gets a chance because I figured if wake is fixed, I might find a way to hook up the second monitor to one of the other ports and get it to work.

My Radeon 5770 have the same issue. Here is what I had to do to fix with a little sacrifice.
open EFI\CLOVER\config.plist with clover configurator, uncheck ATI inject under graphic section.
The result for me is wake with full display. However my system is now detecting my video card as "ATI Radeon HD 5000" instead of 5770.

System is running with "Clover rev 3264"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back