Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
i7 4790 3.6Ghz
Graphics
Radeon RX5700
I had a working system until a couple of nights ago when I put the computer to sleep. Upon returning in the morning the displays remained black even after waking, so I restarted the computer. This time when booting, it gets to 2/3 the way through the apply loading screen before it goes to a black screen. This did happen before with my working system (never did find a fix for it but it's a minor annoyance) - after a couple of seconds the screen would appear with the the login screen. Now, instead of doing this, after a couple of seconds the monitors display a 'no signal detected' error and no matter how long I wait, nothing. I hadn't changed anything, the system just simply stopped working correctly overnight and I'm struggling to figure out why. Any help would be appreciated!

I have the following kexts in my EFI/Clover folder:

Lilu.kext - V1.4
USBInjectAll.kext - V0.7.1
VirtualSMC.kext - V1.1.4
WhateverGreen.kext - V1.4.2

GPU - MSI Radeon RX 5700 MECH GP OC Graphics Card, brand new installed in June during a fresh install of Catalina

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 83
I've now attached my full Clover folder - I'm hoping that someone can come to the rescue!

I have since updated my kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts folder as I noticed they weren't the most up to date.

Having had a look at other forum posts it was suggested to use agdpmod=pikera, but this hasn't made a difference.

Running 10.15.7 Catalina

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 61
Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 10.36.07.png

Kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 10.36.25.png

Delete these highlighted folders.

In config.plist remove Fake ID 0x12345678 for IntelGFX.
Disable RadeonDeinit.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. These folders have now been deleted - no change to the boot issue however.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 113702.png

Please also see the last part of verbose before it goes black attached. I noticed the ntfs warning and have already gone into windows and ran a chkdsk - the message still persists and there's no change to the state of the OSX boot. I have made also sure that fast boot is off. Windows itself boots without any issues.

The only other concerning bits are the 'prelinked kext can't determine if executables are the same' - could this be a kext caching issue?

I suspect that your graphics are working ok but on a different port than the one that you have connected to the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back