Contribute
Register

No Disk Available To Install On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I cannot get past trying to get UniBeast to detect my 8GB USB. It keeps giving me a message that there is:

"No Disk Available To Install On
UniBeast installation requires a HFS-Partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free."

I've formatted it using the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with Scheme set as GUID Partition Map. For some reason it works when I change the Scheme to Master Boot Record and Apple Boot Record but then stops when I get to picking Sierra.

Please any help here guys/gals are appreciated.

Last edited:
Make sure in disk utility you're clicking on the master USB, and not a partition of the USB.

Same issue for me. I've tried Unibeast 7.01 and 6.20 and get the same "UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free." I am absolutely certain I have TWO different HFS+/GUID USB volumes that Unibeast should find. Running Sierra 12.2 on the mac I'm trying to do the install on.

And I'm using a 120GB external SSD based USB drive, so it's not the capacity issue that the previous poster saw. I also have an external HDD mounted via USB and Unibeast(s) don't see it.

Same issue for me. I've tried Unibeast 7.01 and 6.20 and get the same "UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free." I am absolutely certain I have TWO different HFS+/GUID USB volumes that Unibeast should find. Running Sierra 12.2 on the mac I'm trying to do the install on.

And I'm using a 120GB external SSD based USB drive, so it's not the capacity issue that the previous poster saw. I also have an external HDD mounted via USB and Unibeast(s) don't see it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-7-troubleshooting-notes.203153/ Note bullet number 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back