Contribute
Register

No Disk Available To Install On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unibeast 6 doesn't detect my 8GB Kingston DataTraveler USB. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried on 2 different systems one running El Capitan and one running Mountain Lion.

update: Unibeast 5 does detect it. So there is something up with 6.2. Problem is, I need 6.2

update 2: I commandeered a lexar 16GB and that one is detected.

Last edited:
Was able to successfully use a 128GB PNY USB 3.0 drive for the Unibeast 7.0.1 installer. I was getting the same error, then partitioned to 29.9GB and it worked just fine. (I'm getting a smaller drive that I'll put the installer on later; this was just so I could get going with one I already had).

All you have to do is make one partition 29.9 GBs and the other partition as free space. I was able to have unibeast see it just fine.
View attachment 169523
I don't understand. My PC uses UEFI boot so I have to create a GPT USB disk with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition to use Unibeast, right ? But Unibeast can't found the disk so I created a MBR USB disk and it worked !

I can confirm that UniBeast 7 does not work with Kingston pen drives using the GUID scheme, only MBR. And the option to format as MBR with DiskUtility is now hidden at the Partition tab > Options button, which is only enabled after you specify the desired amount of partitions. My Lord, this is even worse than Windows... unreliable software and stupid GUI layout redesigns. I definitely feel like running Windows.

RedWolf's workaround works for Unibeast 8, too!

Thank you Redwolf. I couldn't find my Dual Layer DVD that I made for my initial install (didn't have any USB Sticks before). With only a 64gb drive I was scratching my head trying to figure out why Unibeast wasn't seeing it. You saved me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back