Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmm. Having this problem with Unibeast 8 downloaded this morning. Pretty sure my 8 GB USB stick is properly formatted - Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GUID partition map. I initialized with Disk Utility on El Capitan.

"No Disk Available To Install On
UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free."

Any ideas?

usb problem.png

Hi, I had the very same situation just now. Prepared a "8GB" USB3 pendrive by the "book" (GUID Partition Map, MAC OS Extended (Journaled). The exact size of the USB is 7,52 GB (used: 30,5 MB, available: 7,49 GB). UniBeast 8.1.0 reported "No Disk Available to Install On", ... requires at least 7GB free. Now I tried with a 16GB USB3 pendrive and UniBeast 8.1.0 works just fine.

Well I'm having the same identical problem here but with a 65GB pen.
I've been searching on the forum and i saw many people had the identical problem in the past, with different versions of Unibeast...i think it depends on the pen drive, unfortunately i don't have any other by hand to test. Does anyone of you guys solved this problem?

Well I'm having the same identical problem here but with a 65GB pen.
I've been searching on the forum and i saw many people had the identical problem in the past, with different versions of Unibeast...i think it depends on the pen drive, unfortunately i don't have any other by hand to test. Does anyone of you guys solved this problem?
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-troubleshooting-notes.235489/

16. UniBeast will only write to an external drive with a partition of 32 GB or less. Larger drives will need to be partitioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back