1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys so I have a question, in IOreg I see pci-bridge@3 then I see display@0 so i was wondering weather I would use the display adress 0x00010000 or should I use because of the pci-bridge 0x00030000? Thanks for help in advance!

EDIT: also when I search for PEGP the search comes back saying "can't find the word" same thing happens when I search for PEG0, any ideas?

Specs:
Ga-P55a-UD3 rev 2
I7-870
8GB corsair vengeance RAM
Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6850

Also attached it a copy of my IOreg for my build

Attachments

• Pieman_ioreg.zip
    446.3 KB · Views: 99
pieman123 said:
Hey guys so I have a question, in IOreg I see pci-bridge@3 then I see display@0 so i was wondering weather I would use the display adress 0x00010000 or should I use because of the pci-bridge 0x00030000? Thanks for help in advance!

EDIT: also when I search for PEGP the search comes back saying "can't find the word" same thing happens when I search for PEG0, any ideas?
You dsdt does not have either and never did. The HDMI audio edits will add PEGP to your dsdt. Use display address at 3 (0x00030000).

Also I have a new problem

in the guide it says

Look down through the code and find "Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)" Typically, there are between 10 and 60 lines of code to Method(_STA…..

and for me Device PCI0 instad of being anywhere near line 432 it is at line 5417 and it is at the very end of the dsdt, so there is no Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) at the bottom and instad of PCI0 it is "Device (PCI0.EXPL)". Any ideas?

A copy of my dsdt is attached at the bottom.

Attachments

• Pieman_DSDT.aml.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 102
ok so I have gotten into editing the dsdt and when I try to compile it says

compile error, check output window for details. 255

then when I press ok I get this

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/luca/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5478: [*** iASL: Read error on source code temp file /Users/luca/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.src ***]
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/luca/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5479 lines, 170757 bytes, 1698 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

I am super confused on what to do from here because it said 1 error and I have no clue how to try to go about fixing it.

pieman123 said:
ok so I have gotten into editing the dsdt and when I try to compile it says

I am super confused on what to do from here because it said 1 error and I have no clue how to try to go about fixing it.
I can be more helpful when you attach the dsdt. Suggest you start over and follow each step exactly.

ok well I tried following the directions again and it still did not work so here is a copy of of my dsdt with the attempted edits.

Attachments

• Pieman_compile_error_DSDT.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 94
pieman123 said:
ok well I tried following the directions again and it still did not work so here is a copy of of my dsdt with the attempted edits.
A closing bracket is missing at the end of HDAU. It should look like the code below.

Code:
460         Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                "hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                          DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
476             }
            }

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }

Ok, I tried that and it compiled successfully, but I do not have HDMI audio and when I search for GFX0 and HDAU I see nothing. I am thinking that I just did one tiny little thing wrong, but then again I have no clue, so attached is my dsdt. (also I have been wandering if there is a better way to open IOReg than using dsdtse?)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 107
pieman123 said:
Ok, I tried that and it compiled successfully, but I do not have HDMI audio and when I search for GFX0 and HDAU I see nothing. I am thinking that I just did one tiny little thing wrong, but then again I have no clue, so attached is my dsdt. (also I have been wandering if there is a better way to open IOReg than using dsdtse?)
Attach a copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back